adding things to the SM 4

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

is a good idea make a modification of the SM4?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:51 pm

Yes!!
33%
no...
67%

Total votes: 3

praetors
BANNED

adding things to the SM 4

Post by praetors »

how can I add weapons to Ship 4 Marker permanently?
I realize that does not work the same way that when you add more parts or doodoads because I have not found a
.bat which is saved in a list or folder where you saved the files of weapons.

this question because I'm totally changing the SM4 adding all the pieces that have been posted in this forum, originally did so for more comfort when you ship, but maybe later I will a link for what you use. (Of course, if I may)

some of my modified SM4

-> About 800 pieces have been added
-> 87 dodoads
-> I try to add more weapons on a permanent
-> I still have some problems with some groups of parts, will be resolved soon.

I understand that it might be a bit tiresome having to do 300 clicks to see all the pieces of a single group, but this is offset by having access to all parts :D .

another question, as it is called the page used to upload all your files?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

So...you're modifiying the Shipmaker, possibly distributing it, and you're doing this with...who's permission exactly?

Plus, there are about a dozen easier ways to have access to more sections, sprites, yadda yadda...so whatever you're doing is irrelevant, really. Why would you *want* to use ALL 800 sections anyways?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
praetors
BANNED

Post by praetors »

im not distributing it :?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

but maybe later I will a link for what you use.
Mhm.I said possibly. :|

Even so, I think you should ask permission from the people who *made* ShipMaker and BSF in the friggin' first place. :/
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

To cut straight to the point, long story short is that it's impossible.

Additionally, what you are doing is essentially two steps backward for one step forward, and is thus totally pointless - big surprise there. As I said before I suggest you leave it to more experienced users to create such download packages.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ