Help! another obnoxious error

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

25000st
Captain
Captain

Help! another obnoxious error

Post by 25000st »

This error keeps occuring when I spawn this ship in sandbox.

ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object ShipSection:

Error in code at line 102:
draw_sprite_ext(l_speckle,l_owner.l_specklesubimg,x,y,image_xscale,image_yscale,

at position 20: Unknown variable l_speckle

(do scaled doodads cause this error?)
Last edited by 25000st on Wed May 27, 2009 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

I guess removing stuff until it works would show the error but extended doodads don't cause errors.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

I removed the sections at position 20 on the x axis and it worked! I replaced the sections and it still worked! Idk what caused the problem.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

25000st wrote:I removed the sections at position 20 on the x axis and it worked! I replaced the sections and it still worked! Idk what caused the problem.
BSF has problems saving big ships.
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Position 20 is the character number on that line of code and is irrelevent hence.

What I'd do if I were you, I would manually open sb4 file with notepad (keeping a backup of course)
Then delete all doodads using notepad.

sb4 files now is unencrypted and sometime it's easier to delete stuff there. Weapon, section and doodads, trigger for sections, trigger for weapons each have their own sections.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

AnnihilatorX wrote:Position 20 is the character number on that line of code and is irrelevent hence.

What I'd do if I were you, I would manually open sb4 file with notepad (keeping a backup of course)
Then delete all doodads using notepad.

sb4 files now is unencrypted and sometime it's easier to delete stuff there. Weapon, section and doodads, trigger for sections, trigger for weapons each have their own sections.
I you are going to do it that way I advise you to use PSPad it's a lot easier to use then notepad, and a lot more powerful too. I found it rather hard to use notepad for codes, but it's up too you.

And didn't he say he found the error?

Btw Lovely ship!
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

I use notepad++ actually.

Lol I thought I have mis-read it.