Sound is buggy

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

penguinmayhem
Ensign
Ensign

Sound is buggy

Post by penguinmayhem »

Since I can't seem to find this problem anywhere else and the Troubleshooting thread is locked.

The 0.8 version of BSF constantly gives me buggy, crackly sound effects whenever there's a lot of action on screen, like things exploding or lots of sections being destroyed. The newest version does this CONSTANTLY. The sound is just utterly unbearable. I've reinstalled it twice now and that hasn't solved anything.

And Vista won't tell me what motherboard I'm using.
CPU: AMD 64 x2 3800+
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
Vista Home Premium
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Happens to me too, I often notice crackling every few moments, but I am thinking this might have something to with very high treble settings on your machine.
penguinmayhem
Ensign
Ensign

Post by penguinmayhem »

Squishy wrote:Happens to me too, I often notice crackling every few moments, but I am thinking this might have something to with very high treble settings on your machine.
I can't find "treble" anywhere in any of the sound options.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

If you have a laptop or low-end speakers then the chances are you can't get an equalizer to alter the treble settings. Either get some better speakers with a treble dial (or software with an equalizer), or just plug some decent headphones in when you play BSF.