v0.90c Bug Reports - READ FIRST POST

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

MelvinVm wrote:Beam "Holes" when using a custom sprite, it keeps doing this on every weapon.
*snip*
Is it just my BSF? or my video card?
Various sources suggest that it's the surfaces causing it, and I am inclined to agree with that theory after a couple of quick tests. I'm not sure if there's much that can be done here.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Gluon module Damage and Projectile Lifetime fields always change to be the same value as the other.

Basically, damage will also equal lifetime and visa versa. Fix it so we can make them different numbers.

Edit: Gluon bullet turning also = deviation.

Edit: Some modules won't recognize being at 100% energy (which you need for some to fire) if you modify their energy max and energy cost. Gosling is one such module.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Code: Select all

for object __newobject1017:

In script nTur2:
Error in code at line 24:
     l_section[argument6].l_child[l_section[argument6].l_childnum] = l_weapon[wj]

at position 4: Unknown variable l_section or array index out of bounds
I'm getting that when I try to open a certain ship, but I donno what it means.
It's the same as another ship with sections deleted, and the other opens fine.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Squishy wrote:Gluon module Damage and Projectile Lifetime fields always change to be the same value as the other.

Basically, damage will also equal lifetime and visa versa. Fix it so we can make them different numbers.

Edit: Gluon bullet turning also = deviation.

Edit: Some modules won't recognize being at 100% energy (which you need for some to fire) if you modify their energy max and energy cost. Gosling is one such module.
Gluon behaviour should be easy to fix. Not sure about power levels.

@Droid; try opening up the sb4 and saving again. It's finicky.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

I have a ship with sections using the Fake Aegis effect and Alpha Fade. The Alpha Fade is set to go between 0.2-0.5 for some of the sections and 0.4-0.7 on another, and it shows up fine in preview.

When I load it in game, they appear to go between 0-1 instead.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/IxraninEL/Screenies/AsiSig1.gif[/img]
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

I had this weird thing happening when saving my ship: Image
This happend after saving and starting sandbox, the 2 lines go to the sections that are present on the right but have gone of screen on the left side. One of the sections was parented to the core and can not be deleted by deleting it's parent, the sections parented to it were still in place.

Now when starting the game it crashes becuase the sections are millions of pixels away(I checked, couldn't find them) I can't recover the old save becuase it was overwrighten when saving and going to sandbox.

Now what should I do?
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

maarten wrote:I had this weird thing happening when saving my ship: Image
This happend after saving and starting sandbox, the 2 lines go to the sections that are present on the right but have gone of screen on the left side. One of the sections was parented to the core and can not be deleted by deleting it's parent, the sections parented to it were still in place.

Now when starting the game it crashes becuase the sections are millions of pixels away(I checked, couldn't find them) I can't recover the old save becuase it was overwrighten when saving and going to sandbox.

Now what should I do?
Open the SM file in notepad, browse through the sections and work out which string is an anomalously massive coordinate, then replace it with a normal coordinate so it appears in the SM screen. Voila!
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Thanks Wicky will try.
BTW this was a sneak of my new fleet.(although not meant to be...)
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Dubble post I know but this is important.(to me)

Which line should I replace:
Sb4

nSecA,1,[b]3600[/b],[i]3060[/i],Bh sprites\blk_sec04.png,1,1,0,-1,249.57,1,1,12632256,16,0
nSecB,1,0,0,60,60,0,0,-180,180,0,0,0,-1,12632256,0,1
nSecC,1,0,0.70,0,0,0,1,0,0,16777215,1,3,0,0,1.10,1.10
nSecD,1,0,30,30,0,0,100,0,50,50,0,0,0,0
nSecTr,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,90,90,
The fat number should be around 3600 then it's near the core.
(the number is usually okay.)

shp

nSec2a,[b]-10,17[/b],"Bh sprites\blk_sec15.png",1.20,-1.20,0,-1,1,1,-1,12
nSec2b,0,60,60,0,-180,180,0,0,-1,0
nSec2c,0,0.70,0,0.03,0.03,0,0,1,0,0,0,16777215,0,0,1.30,1.30
nSec2M,100,0,50,50,0,0,0,0,0
nSecT,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,90,90
nSec2d,0,1
The fat numbers indicate the X/Y coördinates.

Oh and I know these sections work Fine but I just can't find the one that's wrong so if I know what to fix I can fix it.

EDIT: Never mind I fixed it. But it would be handy to have a guide saying which numbers to replace. I marked the ones that should be the problem.[/i]
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... gerBug.zip

With regards to the attached sb4:

The yellow line indicates "Trigger off 1" paths pointing from the circular section to 3 weapons. These links do not save properly when the sb4 file is saved and re-opened. They simply vanish when reloaded.

This is reproducible with both left and right weapon hatches with identical setup.

The following is another related bug:

The front right torpedo launcher of the ship is deliberately deleted. If it's cloned from the left torpedo launcher, then parented onto the blocky section so that the two torpedoes are symmetrical, the following happens:

Saving after the trigger link steps above will magically create a trigger off link to the newly restored front right torpedo launcher from the circular section in the figure above, although they are completely unrelated.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

With regard to Annihilator's pic, what do the purple lines mean? Then magically appeared on one section in a ship I was making, and I have no idea where they came from or what they mean, so I deleted and replaced the section - anyone fill me in on that?
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Wicky_42 wrote:With regard to Annihilator's pic, what do the purple lines mean? Then magically appeared on one section in a ship I was making, and I have no idea where they came from or what they mean, so I deleted and replaced the section - anyone fill me in on that?
Purple lines are trigger off lines, and cyan lines are trigger ons. They are used for triggering purposes. Red lines are for weapon linking. Orange lines indicate drivers.
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Another small bug I've mentioned before but still persists.

Keyboard 'Ctrl' key will be automatically pressed and held during the SM "Launching Battleship Forever" dialogue. This can be tested when you minimise the main BSF game and do other stuff. The Ctrl key problem is gone immediately after you click OK to get rid of the dialogue in SM. So it definitely is the dialogue that's causing the problem.

Not a big bug but annoying at the very least. May be get rid of the dialogue? There's not much point for it anyway.
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

AnnihilatorX wrote:http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... gerBug.zip

With regards to the attached sb4:

The yellow line indicates "Trigger off 1" paths pointing from the circular section to 3 weapons. These links do not save properly when the sb4 file is saved and re-opened. They simply vanish when reloaded.

This is reproducible with both left and right weapon hatches with identical setup.

The following is another related bug:

The front right torpedo launcher of the ship is deliberately deleted. If it's cloned from the left torpedo launcher, then parented onto the blocky section so that the two torpedoes are symmetrical, the following happens:

Saving after the trigger link steps above will magically create a trigger off link to the newly restored front right torpedo launcher from the circular section in the figure above, although they are completely unrelated.

Regarding this bug, I have dig up the sb4 code

What I found out is, while SM is capable of loading the triggers correctly, it fails to save the links correctly for trigger offs. For some reason, the following lines of code:

nTrigW,22,0,1,107

will be reset to:

nTrigW,0,0,1,107

upon saving somehow. This results in weird behaviour because of 0 ID:
22 is the weapon ID, 107 is section ID, second "0" indicates trigger off.

EDIT - Reason identified
SM does not save properly when same weapons have trigger on and trigger off from 2 different sections at the same time.

This is reproducible simply making a simple ship with different sections. Parenting doesn't seem to matter.

The game doesn't have problem with such a configuration (SHP files), it's just SM won't save sb4 file properly.

This is a huge bug and must be fixed. Thanks.
Exileman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Exileman »

I just downloaded the latest version onto a computer that has never had it installed before. I immediatly attempted to run it. I received a message that said "An Unexpected Error Occurred When Running the Game" Before it was fully loaded and it closed out immediatley. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, both the ship maker and the actual game, and grabbed the hotfix. The error log contains this:

FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: User Defined 1
for object TwinAutocannon:

COMPILATION ERROR in code action
Error in code at line 27:

bullet = instance_create(x+lengthdir_x(10,image_angle-25)y+lengthdir_y(10,image_angle-25),l_bullet)

at position 61: Symbol , or ) expected.

EDIT: I just found th15's thread about unexpected errors dealing with the sound files. I did as suggested in that thread to no avail.