v0.90c Bug Reports - READ FIRST POST

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

v0.90c Bug Reports - READ FIRST POST

Post by Arcalane »

This thread is for reporting bugs with the newest ( 0.90c/0.90d ) release.

Remember that when posting bugs, you have to include as much info as possible. Error messages, circumstances, reproduction steps, common parameters, settings, your system info, etc. If a bug is specific to a certain ship or can be demonstrated with one, include .sb4 and .shp . If a ship uses custom sprites, remember to include these, too.

Before posting, check if you have the latest version of BSF. You can do it by pressing F1 ingame. Also make sure you have read the ShipMaker manual and documentation.

Please limit discussion in this thread to minimum. If you don't have anything meaningful to add, don't post.

If there is a bug that was present in the previous version and still persists in this one, you may repost it.

If you are reporting a new bug, you are allowed to double (and more, if necessary) post. Actually, its even better if you do.

Known bugs:

- Keyboard arrows in shipmaker sometimes stop responding ( need to know how to reproduce )
- Trigger, link and driver targets do not mirror or clone
- Turret min/max target size has no effect
- Drag and drop sprite import in ShipMaker does not function properly on certain systems, seems to be mainly Vista-specific bug (unfortunately, theres no way we can fix it)
- Certain new weapons spawn errors.
- Division by 0 errors when entering sandbox. If you're experiencing these, putting Sbsurfsize 'Sbsurfsize = 2048' below 'Surfaces' in bfconfig.ini should fix it.

There are some minor bugs in SM, so make sure you grab the hotfix!
Last edited by Arcalane on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

when using the error buttons to scroll, scrolling down skips both the new flare gun and EMP torpedo. But it does effect the up scroll button.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

derekiv wrote:when using the error buttons to scroll, scrolling down skips both the new flare gun and EMP torpedo. But it does effect the up scroll button.
There are some minor bugs in SM, so make sure you grab the hotfix!
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Wind Tempest
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Wind Tempest »

In the Sandbox Blockade skirmish mode. When the player spawns an allied custom ship with the Ship deployer module, allied ship reinforcements rapidly enter the map at an alarming rate.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Re: v0.90c Bug Reports - READ FIRST POST

Post by Deltaflyer »

Arcalane wrote: Known bugs:

- Keyboard arrows in shipmaker sometimes stop responding ( need to know how to reproduce )
For me, it happens when you drag a custom sprite from a folder into the SM, you then have to do something to the section (switch it to additive or something) and the problem goes away.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Fade in and fade out frame durations have a limit of 30 frames when you're using Fake Aegis effect.

The f11 preview in SM shows it fine, but ingame it will instantly switch to the other direction (fade in -> fade out or visa versa) after the 30 frame mark.

Duplication:

Take two sections, A and B.

A) Set on Fake aegis, turn on Alpha Fade, set Fade in and Fade out below 30 frames. This will animate fine ingame.

B) Set on Fake aegis, turn on Alpha Fade, set Fade in and Fade out ABOVE 30 frames. This will skip ingame.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Maybe this is just me, but with section over/under, it often ends up upside down when it shouldn't be, and, when mirrored, it reverses so both the top side and the bottom side are right side up (sorry if this doesn't exactly make sense, if need be I'll put pictures).

EDIT: Another bug, emp torpedoes don't seem to collide when used by enemies. They just skip through the ally or player ship, and this error comes up:

Code: Select all

ERROR in
action number 1
of Collision Event with object ShipSection
for object EBulletEMPTorpedo:

Error in code at line 18:

alarm[0]  = l_effect

at position 22: Unknown variable l_effect
Also, shouldn't this be version 0.9d bug reports or does the update not change enough stuff?
Awesomeness
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Awesomeness »

Hello, I am 13 in seventh grade. A sixth grade student told me about this game. I've always been looking for a game like this, but never been able to find one! So, I finally found it! :D But, I have a Mac and I use CrossOver, and it didn't work... :cry: I was SO disappointed! I know it's not your fault, it's CrossOver's. It showed like half of the screen, with the bottom half being a jumble mixed up image of my screen (it's weird) and the top half being just fine! The mouse wasn't in the right place, like 500 or so pixels above where it should be, etc. I could tell this was because the rendered area was being offset by 512 pixels. This has happened before on other applications with CrossOver. Ugh...
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Awesomeness wrote:But, I have a Mac and I use CrossOver, and it didn't work... :cry: I was SO disappointed! I know it's not your fault, it's CrossOver's.
Actually, im quite sure its Game Maker, the game development environment BSF is made with. Im afraid Game Maker simply does not work on Mac, and theres nothing we can do about it.
nu-ker
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nu-ker »

best get windows xp and use boot camp but be carefull as some win xp have a few errors on macs but check the apple site and forums to get info on what type of xp or vista you need
drekisol
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by drekisol »

when im in the ship maker i load up my ship and i get these errors

ERROR in
action number 1
of Key Press Event for O-key Key
for object obj_sidebar:

In script loadShip:
In script oReadParams:
In script nSecD:
In script updateMovtarget:
Error in code at line 98:
ms_mcounter = ceil(ms_startdist/ms_aspeed)

at position 40: Division by 0.

for object obj_sidebar:

In script updateMovtarget:
Error in code at line 98:
ms_mcounter = ceil(ms_startdist/ms_aspeed)

at position 40: Division by 0.

please help i just spent 15 hours making this ship =( odd part is it was working fine up until i put wepons on it then it stopped loading 0.o
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Bad Boy wrote:Maybe this is just me, but with section over/under, it often ends up upside down when it shouldn't be, and, when mirrored, it reverses so both the top side and the bottom side are right side up (sorry if this doesn't exactly make sense, if need be I'll put pictures).
Mirroring is still far from perfect, I recommend avoiding it for anything that doesn't involve sections. :P
Bad Boy wrote:EDIT: Another bug, emp torpedoes don't seem to collide when used by enemies. They just skip through the ally or player ship, and this error comes up:

Code: Select all

ERROR in
action number 1
of Collision Event with object ShipSection
for object EBulletEMPTorpedo:

Error in code at line 18:

alarm[0]  = l_effect

at position 22: Unknown variable l_effect
Can't replicate this one myself, although I do get another unrelated error, oddly.
Bad Boy wrote:Also, shouldn't this be version 0.9d bug reports or does the update not change enough stuff?
It doesn't change enough, of course.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

drekisol
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by drekisol »

i get that emptorpedo error when ever i put emptorps on the enemy ai (stock color red ai) allied is fine just enemy.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Bad Boy wrote:Heres the ship, maybe it'll help: http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... y_Ship.rar
It helps if you've actually followed the instructions properly in Kae's thread so that I can load the ship without having to shuffle a ton of sections around.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ