Vista With Battleships Forever.

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Profanwolf
Ensign
Ensign

Vista With Battleships Forever.

Post by Profanwolf »

The second i installed battleships forever again, after playing a older version before on XP. Now that i have vista it won't even launch. Some claimed it was due to hibernation so i restarted my pc, no dice. It just gives me that Battleships forever has stopped working message and the choice to send a error message or not, After i press close program battleships forever gives me a box saying.
---------------------------
Battleshipsforever
Failed to load the game data. File seems corrupted.
OK
Help!
BizzarreCoyote
Commander
Commander

Post by BizzarreCoyote »

Try re-installing it.

Also, if that doesn't work, try running it as an administrator, or in compatibility mode.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/bizzarecoyote][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/bizzarecoyote.png[/img][/url]
Profanwolf
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Profanwolf »

I did all of that, I have reinstalled it countless times. Restarted my pc, ran it in all compatability modes. Deleted the 2 sound .dlls. NOTHING WORKS!
Profanwolf
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Profanwolf »

I NEED SOME FUCKING HELP THIS IS DRIVING ME MAD
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Dude, chill out. It's been 30 minutes. Do you know how many people check the forums in 30 minutes? Well, neither do I, but it's usually not very many. That said, have you tried running it out of the folder, or have you only used the installer?
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Profanwolf
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Profanwolf »

I have tried running it out of the folder.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

If it is in program files try installing it directly to the C: drive,I never trust program files.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

You said you've installed it many times but if the file is corrupted that wouldn't help...Have you tried re-downloading it from the mirror or in primary/zip form, whichever you didn't do the first time?

Also bsf seems to run funky on vista regardless, so is there any way for you to partition your drive and install xp to play it? No idea if problems with vista are serious enough to warrant that but I've heard nothing good.
Profanwolf
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Profanwolf »

I could do that, but i don't have a xp to install. I would if i had it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Make sure UAC (User Account Control) is turned off too. I hear that causes problems.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Profanwolf
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Profanwolf »

I just installed XP on another partition. Now i get this error. Help me!

for object GUI_MainTitle:

Failed to initialize BGM - Invalid device number.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

What vista you got? my vista home premium runs it fine.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

It shouldn't actually matter. I personally have run it on 32 and 64 bit Ultimate, and have seen it run numerous times under Home Premium, Basic, and Business. BSF really is a very adaptable program that runs just about everywhere, except for a few choice systems for little apparent reason. Hell, I've been using it since XP and couldn't break it until I tried.

Out of curiosity, could there be a hardware issue? I haven't really looked at GM's compatibility enough to know, just thought I'd ask.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Profanwolf
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Profanwolf »

It works for no reason at all. :D
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Make sure you try it a few more times to make sure that it continues to work.

And BTW, did you change something to make it work or did it just happen randomly? I might be getting a new Vista machine that I will want to run BSF on, so I want suggestions for what to do if it doesn't work the first time.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]