Let's Bring the good old tourney days back!

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Imperator Pavel I
BANNED

Post by Imperator Pavel I »

Who got the idea?

Just want to know
Last edited by Imperator Pavel I on Wed May 06, 2009 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Great necro and read the other posts.
Strangepork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Strangepork »

maarten wrote:Great necro and read the other posts.
great troll post.
Imperator Pavel I wrote:Who got the idea?

Just want to know
Hmm? Idea about what?
Imperator Pavel I
BANNED

Post by Imperator Pavel I »

About restarting the tournaments again.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Strangepork wrote: great troll post.
That wasn't trolling. It was closer to a flame, but it was painfully mild either way. This is closer to trolling.
Imperator Pavel I wrote: About restarting the tournaments again.
You're still not making any sense. Regardless, it's [somewhat] clear that you're trying to ask a question regarding the information found in this thread. Solution: read the thread. There is nothing about this discussion that you cannot learn by reading it.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

I do believe that this thread is ~2 weeks old, not a horrible necro, not to mention that the post in question adds discussable content.

The main problem with your idea, strangepork, is that it's hell to keep track. A system you propose might work well embedded into a system, but remember that these are people building ships, not computers. They have to individually keep track of everything. Only a few of us are masochistic enough to actually take fun in min/maxing such a system.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Strangepork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Strangepork »

Yeah, it is a bit much to keep track of. I really just want point defenses with arcs at this point of time more than seeing my system implemented. Then you would have to drench your ship in over 32 points of flak cannons to make it invulnerable to fire, which at that point is worth it.
Lord Aries Greymon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Lord Aries Greymon »

Strangepork:
You could allways take the simple fix route and make all of the PD weapons very expensive.
True, that's un-realistic, but it gets the balance correct.
Mildly sane.