v0.90b Bug Reports - READ FIRST POST

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

just the black screen.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Huh. I had a similar bug back in one of the arlier versions o SM3 where the screen would be black but any screenshots I took showed the interface. I fixed that one through a reinstall and a reboot. Sounds like yours is different, though.

(Try a reinstall and a reboot anyway, just in case.)
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Just to save people the hassle of trying to help, I did that before I posted. :P
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Oh. Nevermind, then.
~~~~~
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Pyront
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pyront »

ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: Game Start
for object GUI_MainTitle:

Error defining an external function.
I've reinstalled 3 times in 2 different locations. I'm using vista.
Elias_The_Crimson
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Elias_The_Crimson »

A problem occurs in The Grinder when using ships with ship spawner modules.
Somehow, when a certain number of ships spawned through the modules are destroyed, the game thinks you lost and ends the game (even if other ships and spacestations are still intact).

This makes it impossible to use ships with spawner modules properly in the grinder; The place where such modules may be the most attractive.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Elias_The_Crimson wrote:A problem occurs in The Grinder when using ships with ship spawner modules.
Somehow, when a certain number of ships spawned through the modules are destroyed, the game thinks you lost and ends the game (even if other ships and spacestations are still intact).

This makes it impossible to use ships with spawner modules properly in the grinder; The place where such modules may be the most attractive.
I mentioned this early on,I'd even get it with fire support platforms.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

My guess is that the game knows when you have lost by having a variable set to the number of ships you have on the field and when that variable reaches zero (all ships destroyed), it tells you you have lost. But, the game doesn't increase that variable when spawner modules spawn platforms/ships, but when those ships are destroyed, the variable decreases as normal.

No guarantees, just my theory. I don't know how the game really works, so it's just a wild guess.

EDIT: Last sentence deleted because I didn't read carefully enough and I'm an idiot for it.
Last edited by VNilla on Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~
~~~~~
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

I still say a easy and non-aggravating fix would be to simply remove the 'lose trigger' when sandbox mode is on.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

More accurately simply make the lose trigger dependant on the station itself rather than your ships.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Which,ironically,is what I thought was the trigger all along,I'd build invulnerability shield ships to cover my station to stop myself from losing.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The TacNuke cannon doesn't seem to respond to range changes. I set a tacnuke's range to 250, but it's bolts still travel 1000 pixels far, visible by the fact that they explode far outside the culminated range of their actual range and their fuse variance. No idea what's causing it, the range function simply doesn't seem to do shit.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
xonaag
Ensign
Ensign

Post by xonaag »

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but if you put a weapon turning value to 0 it won't turn with the ship, it just will keep it's angle until it reaches it's arc range border.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

If you're trying to make fixed weapons, give them a 1 degree arc.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Arcalane wrote:If you're trying to make fixed weapons, give them a 1 degree arc.
Or a zero degree arc,if your a perfectionist...