v0.90b Bug Reports - READ FIRST POST

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Okay, found a new bug. All of the new weapons in SM4 have old, incorrect sprites when you select offensive turrets in the actual game.

Might this be caused if they were built by modifying old weapons and someone forgot to change the sprite display in the main BSF code?
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

It's not that easy. Each individual weapon needs it's own icon for that, which is time consuming and provides little benefit. Additionally, some of them are out of date anyway, and they all have a weird metallic effect applied.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Give me some information about what I need to do to make those icons and I'll try to do them myself. (Size, format, the like.)
~~~~~
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
the mulletron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by the mulletron »

I have found a bug in shipmaker where none of the weapon triggers seem to work.

To be more specific, I placed a modified Mega Beam onto a ship, linked the first on trigger to a beamer, set on trigger 1 to "Weapon Fire", and the trigger mode to "Force Fire". The beamer fires, but the Mega Beam doesn't. I then changed the on trigger to activate when I press the comma (,) button. I pressed it, and still nothing. I've tried different triggers, modes and weapons. Nothing works, and I'm certain I've done it all right, and I have read all major threads concerning this.

I'm using Vista if that helps.
se7en
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by se7en »

I made a station with some drivers and weapons that activate when the sheild is destroyed by using linking and theese errors come up when opened

(I know how to fix the division by 0 one but just haven't got around to doing it)

Code: Select all

ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object __newobject994:

In script nTur2:
Error in code at line 24:

l_section[argument6].l_child[l_section[argument6].l_childnum] = l_weapon[wj]

at position 4: Unknown variable l_section or array index out of bounds

ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: Room Start
for object GUI_HighPartDrawer:

Error in code at line 4:

l_xscale1 = room_width/global.sbsurfsize

at position 36: Division by 0.

ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 9
for object ctr_Actors:

Error in code at line 4:

l_owner.l_syshp += l_maxhp * World_Repairrate

at position 4: Unknown variable l_owner

ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 10
for object ctr_Turrets:

Error in code at line 1:
   if (dc_group != -1 && l_owner.dc_controlled) ||

at position 23: Unknown variable l_owner

(11 of that one)

ERROR in
action number 1
of  Step Event
for object ctr_Turrets:

Error in code at line 48:

else if (dc_group != -1 && l_owner.dc_controlled) then

at position 29: Unknown variable l_owner

(10 of that one)

ERROR in
action number 1
of  Step Event
for object Autocannon:

Error in code at line 45:

if dc_group != -1 && l_owner.dc_controlled then

at position 23: Unknown variable l_owner

ERROR in
action number 1
of End Step Event
for object ShipSection:

Error in code at line 275:

image_angle = l_owner.image_angle + l_angle + rs_rotang

at position 20: Unknown variable l_owner

( I got 17 of this one then I aborted)
The the SB4 is http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... tation.rar HERE [/url]
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

the mulletron wrote:I have found a bug in shipmaker where none of the weapon triggers seem to work.

To be more specific, I placed a modified Mega Beam onto a ship, linked the first on trigger to a beamer, set on trigger 1 to "Weapon Fire", and the trigger mode to "Force Fire". The beamer fires, but the Mega Beam doesn't. I then changed the on trigger to activate when I press the comma (,) button. I pressed it, and still nothing. I've tried different triggers, modes and weapons. Nothing works, and I'm certain I've done it all right, and I have read all major threads concerning this.

I'm using Vista if that helps.
I have this issue too, and I'm using XP. (Was trying to use moving sections to force fire weapons: the weapons do nothing ingame.)

Also had a finely tuned set of section movements in the shipmaker which worked fine in preview, but when I ran them ingame, they were out of sync.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/IxraninEL/Screenies/AsiSig1.gif[/img]
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just doing something wrong, but whenever I make a ship that uses any weapon-based triggers (weapon fire, weapon acquire target, weapon lost target), my animations just happen continuously with no regard to the triggers. This happens in both SM Preview mode and in the actual game. This has now happened to every ship I have made with triggers. (i.e. I have set two sections with turrets to come out from under the ship when the main gun detects an enemy and retract when it loses the enemy, but when the ship is loaded/previewed, they extend and then contract repeatedly over and over again even when there is absolutely nothing else on the field.)

I do not know if this is limited to only weapon-based triggers; I have not tried using any other triggers yet.

[Will post files once I get to the computer they're on]

Any ideas?
~~~~~
~~~~~
Pyper
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Pyper »

You need to tell them when to turn OFF by setting the trigger off function, typically the commands of moving or rotating to target (self) or origin (self).

The two trigger ON functions should be weapon aquire target and weapon lose target.

Play with that a bit and you can tweak it to suit your needs.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
-Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Ah, that might explain it. I'll try that and get back to you. Thanks! :D

EDIT: Alright that fixed most of it. Everything works perfectly now, except that whenever I load the ship in Sandbox, the "OMG enemy" animation (close front to shield the core) activates as soon as the ship appears, even when there are no enemies on the field. (Grr.)

I'm going to check a few things this evening (do triggers activate the proper animation, are the sections being triggered by the correct weapon, etc.) and do a few more tests in Sandbox (does anything change if the ship is enemy- or ally- or human-controlled, does anything change if an enemy is already on the field when the ship spawns, etc.) to get a better idea of what the problem is and to see whether it's an EBCAK* or if it's an actual glitch on the machine end. However, I'm still open to ideas/thoughts/suggestions.

*Error Between Chair And Keyboard - computer equivalent of "pilot error."
Last edited by VNilla on Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~
~~~~~
Skybolt-DX
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Skybolt-DX »

Bang Doll wrote:Edit Edit: Deleted the bgm and bass .dll files as th15 suggested. Works perfectly, minus the ability to play music.
Yeah I fixed my problem the same way..I'm kinda disappointed though.

I loved this games' music X3

Edit: Nevermind...I reinstalled after a day and suddenly it worked again...

The best solution to this problem is patience obviously =3
=3
Hieda no Akyu
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Hieda no Akyu »

I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but when using fine move/rot step, group rotate is bugged. The piece seleceted rotates using the fine step, while children use the normal step.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Hmm. might be related to a bug I found last night: when Shift-Ctrl-Arrow Keys (group fine rotate) are used when the core is selected, the core moves about twice as fast as the other sections.
~~~~~
~~~~~
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Found a new, completely unrelated one: normally, when you press [HOME] on any of the BSF menu screens, the stuff goes away so you can see the battles, right? Well, on the "select a mission" screen for career mode, the text "choose a mission" doesn't fade or vanish at all; it just stays there.
~~~~~
~~~~~
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

There are no error windows popping up, but whenever I try to open up SM(latest after reinstall), all that I see is a black screen, yet all the hotkeys appear to be working(I can take screenshots and the escape key still brings up the confirm box). Any ideas? There are really any specifics to this.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

If you take screenshots, do they show an all black window or do they show the normal SM interface?
~~~~~
~~~~~