v0.90b Bug Reports - READ FIRST POST

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

BizzarreCoyote
Commander
Commander

Post by BizzarreCoyote »

It seems to be something with surfaces, so either turning them off or restarting the sandbox should work. It does for me at least.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/bizzarecoyote][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/bizzarecoyote.png[/img][/url]
Capyain Teric
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Capyain Teric »

thank you, that worked perfectly. also, does anyone know where I can get sb4? it didn't come with the latest version of bsf.
BizzarreCoyote
Commander
Commander

Post by BizzarreCoyote »

sb4? That's the version of SM. To get a file like that, just make a ship and save it.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/bizzarecoyote][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/bizzarecoyote.png[/img][/url]
Capyain Teric
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Capyain Teric »

no, I still have sb3. if I save, I get sb3 files. where do I get sb4?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

You DL the newest version. Do mind the fact that you can't use any sb3 ships in it, though. You'll have to discard your old ships or rebuild them in sb4.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Capyain Teric
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Capyain Teric »

I did download the latest version of bsf. is there a seprate link for sb4?
Last edited by Capyain Teric on Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Twin auto cannon doesn't like its stats changed. Changed the stats on two different ships to the default for the ASC meta game and it throws index out of bounds errors. Next time i get the error i paste the text here.
Crazyeyes24
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Location: Bridge of the Hydra, in orbit around Maw Installation

Post by Crazyeyes24 »

Don't believe this has come up before, but occasionally when I load a ship into sandbox that has mirrored twin autocannons, they are all "there" but the mirrored half does not load the sprites. They are basically invisible. This even happens if I remove some, the mirrored ones still don't show up.

Edit, This appears to happen if the weapon is depthed when mirrored.

Pic to show what I mean.

Capyain Teric
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Capyain Teric »

for object RepeatingArtillery:

Error in code at line 23:
bullet.sprite_index = l_bulletsprite

at position 26: Unknown variable l_bulletsprite

------------------------------------------------------------
I did not alter the artillery at all. everything seems to work properly exept every time it fires I get this error message.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Crazyeyes, I think that's because depthed weapons don't mirror well. Manually mirror the weapon and then depth it.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Crazyeyes24
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Location: Bridge of the Hydra, in orbit around Maw Installation

Post by Crazyeyes24 »

Yeah, figured that out at about 2 AM last night... lol
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Capyain Teric wrote:I did download the latest version of bsf. is there a seprate link for sb4?
May I point out that ".sb4" is a file format? It the format the newest shipmaker uses to save all ship schematics in, like how paint uses ".jpeg" or ".png" to save images. It's not a downloadable addon or something. Every time you save a ship, you get two files: .sb4 for usage in the SM, and .shp for usage in BSF. Easy as pie.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Capyain Teric wrote:*snip*
For christ's sake people, READ THE REST OF THE THREAD BEFORE REPORTING A BUG. This is only the... fourth or fifth fucking time this has been reported.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
PetrifiedGnome
Ensign
Ensign

Post by PetrifiedGnome »

Don't scream at me if this has already been posted but, for some reason, when I download v. 90b, the shipmaker is the older version, before v. 90a with all the old weapons and the old interface. Any explanation or help?

EDIT: I just read a similar problem, only this is another computer I'm using, not the one with the older version. This is the first time I'm downloading it here. So I'm having a bit of trouble here.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

AD, he means that when he DL's the current BSF version, it doesn't install the new version of ShipMaker.

Capyain Teric, is this your first time downloading BSF (any version) or are you trying to update an old version you have?

When I tried to update my old version, I had the same problem. If you are trying to update an old version, try deleting the old version of ShipMaker and then re-download the new version. That fixed it for me.

PetrifiedGnome, this may be related to your bit of trouble, but I can't help you as much.

All in all, it seems to me that there is definitely some small glitch in the downloader that needs to be remedied. I thought I was isolated in my DL trouble way back when, but it is very obvious now that I am not. This should really be looked into. My dad, a computer scientist, always says that the most important part of any program is the downloader, 'cuz if the downloader ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]