Hello!

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Austin
Ensign
Ensign

Hello!

Post by Austin »

Hey all-

I've been into BF since an earlier build, like.. 0.88 or something. I had a down time, and now have came back..
..and came back to a new version!! =D
Pretty interesting and stuff.
So yea, all along.. I've BEEN THERE.. without anyone knowing- just watching.. reading..marveling... lol :D :P
A lot of the people here have carayzeee skills with the editor. Kudos.

Anyway. I've made a good amount of ships, and have started to create new ones with the new Ship Maker. They generally involve the Earth fleet, and the Ikaaran, or alien fleet.
Maybe eventually I'll post them for download and post screenies and everything.

I was just about to post on an error message I was receiving, but..it was just a turret incompatibility in reference to the game, I think. All good =)
At the moment, I'm working on the Plerusque- I think I'll make it a tank/artillery ship.. yea. I'll give it 8 side shooting enhanced-damage mini missile pods, + artillery. Pwnsauce.
Boy, I love the creativity of this! :D :P

So yea, I dunno- any off-the-wall tips and tricks, or..yea? xD :mrgreen:

EDIIIT =\ : I realize the random question I just asked probably isn't asked in the best forum.. =\ That doesn't need to expand if we are to abide by forum rules, per se. xD
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

Hmm, I think you miss out quite a bit on the experimenting and flunking around back when it was released. Still, you also missed out the hair-pulling and cursing when it was all buggy and crashing.

Alright first up, I think you should visit this:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3556

Then check out the custom forums for some custom sprites you may like, then you can move on to the more advance stuff like trigger and rotating sections.

And there's always these things I made for the public:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3551

Play around, its almost a new world down here.
Avatarless and proud of it! And being really crazy and screwing everything conventional!
Currently working on:

The largest transforming mecha EVAR!