Shipmaker feature requests

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Squishy wrote:
AnnihilatorX wrote:Plasma missile has the highest target priority over missile, dementers, teller torpedoes. I think the priority goes plasma > Teller > missile > dementer.

Really?
Yes which make sense as plasma has higher threat over missile because of AoE. If you try swarming the enemy point defense with missile and use teller torpedoes near them, the teller torpedo still gets destroyed easily because the enemy PD are set to destroy teller first, which has higher priority over missile. But if you swap the missile for many plasma launchers, the teller has a much higher chance of deploying.

I don't know about regular cannon fire though.
LukeRM
Commander
Commander

Post by LukeRM »

Aerth Child wrote: Also, I had the strangest idea of creating a ship with a planet for the core, which only amplifies my urge to customize the cores.
This.

A list of the sections used and where each is, some features from SM Alpha, and group color/depth/reparent.
[url=http://rm51-place.at.ua/]Some random site I made.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3301][img]http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq306/LukeRM/griatianflet.png[/img][/url][url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=88508#88508][img]http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq306/LukeRM/databanks.png[/img][/url]
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Post by Hypothetical Wisdom »

Aerth Child wrote:
SHAD0Wdump wrote: How about we expand upon this by also adding a toggle-able function.
Yes, and for all ships. That way, you can swap control of your scouts to 'allied' and focus on non-flanking ships. Or the other way around, just as long as you can set something to AI and just forget about it.

Also, I had the strangest idea of creating a ship with a planet for the core, which only amplifies my urge to customize the cores.

Perhaps also being able to set your own shortcuts and hotkeys.
Yes, this is a good idea.
Will work for kewl sig/av

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Well,I meant a toggle-able function for the ship deployer so it keeps spewing out fighters.
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Oh. Well, that's a good idea 2 :)

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Hypothetical Wisdom, stop spamming. Your one liners are getting annoying, and soon enough youll get a warning from mods.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

SHAD0Wdump wrote:Well,I meant a toggle-able function for the ship deployer so it keeps spewing out fighters.
Then they would need some kind of AI.

Quick question, how is a ship's AI 'triggered'? Not the AI Mode, but at what range it will chase down targets. I believe weapon's acquisition range is just their range and arc, but how do I know how close an enemy ship needs to be before my ship will not just fire weapons, but move to face the target?
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Yeah, I've wondered about that, too. I used to think it was the AI Range until recently.

IBurn36360
Commander
Commander

Post by IBurn36360 »

AI range is what distance, in pixels, the ship will try to be at as opposed to the ship it is targeting. To make a ship target another, there is an in-game option that will let you choose and AI range, that range is how far, in pixels, that a ship need to be before it is targeted by an enemy. This is toggled in the sandbox options menu.
Alls Requiem, my current project, with many more to come. Feel free to critique my site as much as you please.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

how about support for multiple resolutions, such as ones higher than the current one, and better support for wide screen monitors?
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

FIREST0RM000 wrote:how about support for multiple resolutions, such as ones higher than the current one, and better support for wide screen monitors?
I don't think this is the right thread if you're talking about the game. And if you're talking about the shipmaker, it isn't needed. You can change the size manually.

And, I wish there would be a coloring mode where you select a color and click on sections you want to 'paint' (as an addition to the ctrl+click on a color button so that any new sections will have that color, and some of the other ones I've forgotten about.), that and multiple selection plus box-selection. If it can be done.
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

With reference to the hatch problem post in SM info:

I think it may be wise to include a "move mode 2" action in SM with behavior so that a section has on and off movement sequence specified by the same fields as normal move action. Each open and close sequences both stop themselves by default when reaching target or origin. Rather than making movement stop, the trigger off fields initiate the closing sequence regardless of the state of the animation until it reaches origin or interrupted by another trigger on event and vice versa.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

AnnihilatorX wrote:
Squishy wrote:
AnnihilatorX wrote:Plasma missile has the highest target priority over missile, dementers, teller torpedoes. I think the priority goes plasma > Teller > missile > dementer.

Really?
Yes which make sense as plasma has higher threat over missile because of AoE. If you try swarming the enemy point defense with missile and use teller torpedoes near them, the teller torpedo still gets destroyed easily because the enemy PD are set to destroy teller first, which has higher priority over missile. But if you swap the missile for many plasma launchers, the teller has a much higher chance of deploying.

I don't know about regular cannon fire though.
The precise list is as follows, with the top being high priority, and the bottom being low priority;

• TacNuke Shell
    Torpedo
    Gosling Bolt
    Gluon Bolt
    Driver
    Asteroids
    Tachyon Bolt
    Sabot Shot
    Twin Railgun Shot (This is a holdover I need to fix)
    Railgun Shot
    Plasma Charge
    Repeater Shot
    Flash Bolt
    Missile
    Teller Torpedo
    HV Rocket
    Demeter Drone
    Pulsar Shot
    Weasel Shot
    Blaster Shot
    Twin Blaster Shot
    Autocannon Shell
    Sidewinder Shot
    Pulse Shot
    Repeating Artillery Shell
    Vulcan Cannon Round
    Minimissile
    PD Rocket Offense Mode
    Particle Gun Offense Mode
    Flak Offense Mode
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Wow thanks for the list.
I'll see if I can make a ECCM system using Tachyons
Draco18s
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Draco18s »

AnnihilatorX wrote:Wow thanks for the list.
I'll see if I can make a ECCM system using Tachyons
Goslings and Gluons! :D