v0.90a Bug Report Thread

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Turret with drivers does not return to their initial facing angle but fixed to a dead target last targeted.

Same sb4 file as the above post can be used to observe the bug.
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Use of group flipping on turret section parents will cause quirky turret behaviour, e.g. shots emerging from behind turret
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

AnnihilatorX wrote:Turret with drivers does not return to their initial facing angle but fixed to a dead target last targeted.
Elaborate, please. Not clear enough.
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Kaelis wrote:
AnnihilatorX wrote:Turret with drivers does not return to their initial facing angle but fixed to a dead target last targeted.
A weapon driver driving a parent section does not return to normal facing angle after target is destroyed or moved out of sight, rather it is stuck at facing the dead target or target's last known position, until a new target comes in. In BSF normal weapons losing target will mean they return to their normal facing angle, i.e. the angle the weapon is configured to face in SM, and the initial angle of facing when the ship spawns.

EDIT:
My bad. Although the above bug exists, it is only applicable if your driver weapon is the direct children of the parent section being driven
Last edited by AnnihilatorX on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Code: Select all

ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: User Defined 1
for object ctr_BeamTurrets:

In script tr_fire:
Error in code at line 9:
       if instance_exists(tr_onch[argument0,i].id) then

at position 46: Unknown variable id
Got the above error manually targeting specific parts of enemy ship. Seems like something to do with trigger on.
Not always reproducable.
I think it's something to do with when the triggered object is destroyed while the weapon triggering it is intact.
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Post by Hypothetical Wisdom »

Annihilator: Your problem is caused by your driver being parented to the turret section it controls. For whatever reason, when you make a turret section, the driver has to be paranted elsewhere. I had this problem when I first tried using drivers.
Will work for kewl sig/av

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

lol thanks
anyway

Weapons with large initial deviation value will fire when player is targeting enemy ship by right clicking, even though the target is outside their specified arc range, and even if arc range is zero.
Auto fire obeys the arc rule. It's just the manual target that's the problem.

This may sound trivial but it interferes with proper triggering and effects
E.g. you will trigger something you don't want to trigger
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

AnnihilatorX wrote:
Kaelis wrote:
A weapon driver driving a parent section does not return to normal facing...
Read the documentation, will you?
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

lawl kaelis I knew you would say that at some point. It seems like that's your catch phrase lately :lol:

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Siggit!™
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Hypothetical Wisdom wrote:lawl kaelis I knew you would say that at some point. It seems like that's your catch phrase lately :lol:
The other one is "Post bugs in the bug thread, not somewhere else". Hint, hint.
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Kaelis wrote:
AnnihilatorX wrote:
Kaelis wrote: Elaborate, please. Not clear enough.
A weapon driver driving a parent section does not return to normal facing...
Read the documentation, will you?
I have read it.
In 0.90 doing so crashes the game in but since you fixed the crash in 0.90a I thought it's fine doing that way.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

AnnihilatorX wrote:I have read it.
Then either you didnt understand or didnt read it thoroughly enough. The documentation clearly states (with underline) that drivers should not be parented to sections they drive.
AnnihilatorX wrote:In 0.90 doing so crashes the game in but since you fixed the crash in 0.90a I thought it's fine doing that way.
Huh? No idea what are you talking about.
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Yeah, hint taken. I'm assuming you're talking about the thing in SM Q&A. I'll go ahead and post it here 2 if you want. :)

Linkfan23
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Linkfan23 »

I feel so stupid putting this here but ti has made the game almost unplayable. The music isn't loading. I have tried uninstalling the game but it isn't working. Could I manually replace the files?
ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object ctr_Blockade:

Failed to play song -
[img]http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/6213/linkfansignatureli5.jpg[/img]