v0.90a Bug Report Thread

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Post by Hypothetical Wisdom »

New bug: I changed the ship color options, and now every time I reopen BSF, the ship glow resets itself to a grayish white color, even when I reset the color manually to the normal brown color. By grayish, I mean that the color sliders are all in the middle of their bars.

Edit: I know that this is the bug thread, but this doesn't really belong in shipmaker feature requests, or SMQA, or BSF Suggestions. Plus, its kind of related to the stuff before this edit.

Can you guys plz add a button to reset ship colors to their default settings?
Will work for kewl sig/av

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

In level seven, after you capture the superweapon transport, there is a typo in one of the messages from Major Hong. The word 'catastrophic' is spelled 'catatrophic'. I know, typo, big whoop. Just thought I'd point it out, though, since its a ridiculously easy bug to fix, and it would just look stupid for there to be a typo in the final version once this goes full-scale.

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

I would appreciate if you guys didnt spam this thread with your... sillines.

Posts deleted.
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

when having some ships that use triggers fighting against eachother eventually some eror messages pop up:

Code: Select all

for object ShipSection:

In script tr_destroyClear:
Error in code at line 11:
     tr_offpar2.tr_onch[ tr_ppdim1[4], tr_ppdim2[4] ] = -4

at position 24: Unknown variable tr_ppdim1 or array index out of bounds
after ignoring that error message for a bit came this one. and this is one of the never ending kind:

Code: Select all

for object ctr_Turrets:

In script tr_wep_tgal:
In script tr_fire:
Error in code at line 9:
       if instance_exists(tr_onch[argument0,i].id) then

at position 46: Unknown variable id
these are the ships I was using. how to recreate: Just letting the AI fight against eachother will do it, I think
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
Grenville
Commander
Commander

Post by Grenville »

This is not so much a bug, but rather an issue that has come up with the new ship maker and the save files it creates.

With the addition of all the new functions in this latest version of the ship maker, the ship file for playing your design in game is now almost as big as the blueprint file for the creation of the ship itself. In previous versions of the game the ship files where at the most a third the size of their blueprint files, so you where able to make highly detailed and large ships that where 1000+ sections in size.

Now that the ship files are so much larger though, the limitation on how many sections you could have in your ship and the overall size of the ship has now basically been cut in half. The massive super dreadnoughts that where once seen often on the forum are now impossible to play in the game anymore, you can design them in the ship maker still but now you are no longer able to get them to load in game as they are over the file size limit.

I ask is there a way to remove the limit on ship file import size or some way to extend the limit, for it would be a shame to never be able to play ships like ArcaneDude's Jade Martyr ever again :(

Jade Martyr (Towards the bottom of the page)
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... c&start=30
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Grenville wrote:The massive super dreadnoughts that where once seen often on the forum are now impossible to play in the game anymore
The 'massive super dreadnoughts' were always impossible to play in the game to begin with. Whats the point of loading a 1000+ section ship if you can't play the game anymore if you do it, not to mention actually ordering the ship around.

Regardless, im not saying we won't do something to ameliorate this issue. Im saying you're overreacting.

And its 'were', not 'where'.
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

This isn't really a bug with v.90 specifically, its actually a bug with the shipmaker. However, I didn't see another bug thread, so here goes.

One page of options for the tesla stretches off the bottom of the screen LOL. Resizing the window doesn't fix this, either.

Anna Mod Edit: Guess who got his mod powers restored on account of people being idiots on this forum? Me. And guess what my first act as a reinstated mod is? That's right, I'm giving you a warning for this post on account of you being retarded. The current version is 0.90a, and that version has already fixed the bug you're reporting. I wouldn't warn you for this, except you've ALREADY BEEN TOLD THIS, YOU DUMBSHIT. So this is a warning for spam.

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

I believe you have already been told to get the latest version, 0.90a.
Whyarecarrots
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Whyarecarrots »

Hi

Not sure if this is just me using the shipbuilder badly, but the ship deployer doesn't seem to be working for me.

I tried setting it up to launch a fighter that I'd made, and that didn't work. I then set it to default, and then to hestia.shp (one example given in the tooltip), and all three gave the same error:

for object ShipDeployer:

Error in code at line 13:
obj.speed = l_special2

at position 14: Cannot assign to the variable

I already know that on vista custom ships won't appear in the custom ships folder unless being opened in the shipmaker or game: could this have something to do with this?

Thanks! (and sorry if this is a stupid question...)
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Don't set a custom ship speed variable for the ship deployer. If it keeps doing that, you might have to remake the deployers.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

^ Custom Thruster EX Sprite (Yes, I know it's butt ugly. thats intended.)
^ Custom Beam Sprite next to a regular beamer (Click to Enlarge)

:|
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

So, that's kinda like a Star Wars laser?

Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

TheBlueEcho wrote:Image
^ Custom Beam Sprite next to a regular beamer (Click to Enlarge)

:|
What size is that custom beam sprite? I played around with them a bit, and the only problem I saw was this:

Which looks like just the origin of the beam being pulled back to the center of the Beamer sprite, creating that small gap.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/IxraninEL/Screenies/AsiSig1.gif[/img]
Whyarecarrots
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Whyarecarrots »

Arcalane wrote:Don't set a custom ship speed variable for the ship deployer. If it keeps doing that, you might have to remake the deployers.
I didn't change anything about the ship deployer other than the energy contained, the energy regen and the ship it was firing (I set the energy cost to fire the ship the same as the total energy in the deployer and the energy regen at zero, to represent it being a single fighter carried below a frigate). Might any of that broken it?
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Hypothetical Wisdom wrote:So, that's kinda like a Star Wars laser?
Huh? Like what, if i may ask? BTW it's in Custom Sprites/Stock Bullets folder, Labeled beam targeter or something like that.

@ Ixranin: That's exactly the problem. How'd you fix it?