v0.90a Bug Report Thread

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Obtained the following error when an otherwise perfectly functional turret section's parent is destroyed.

Code: Select all

for object ShipSection:

In script tr_destroyClear:
Error in code at line 11:
     tr_offpar2.tr_onch[ tr_ppdim1[4], tr_ppdim2[4] ] = -4

at position 24: Unknown variable tr_ppdim1 or array index out of bounds
The turret sections contained a driver on a base section and multiple weapons linked to the driver. Each weapons is parented to a sub-section, of which is a child of the driven base section. Each weapons triggers each sub-section to move to mimic recoil, and has link delay from the driver to simulate layered barrel fire. There are also 2 sub-weapons which are not linked but parented to the base section.

EDIT

As requested:
http://hiyukihome.110mb.com/roland/Tridentv3.sb4
Bottom left tri-cannon is a good example

EDIT2
Ok the bug isn't there anymore. Before I uploaded the sb4 I re-parented the turret section to a neighbouring section and it's now working... Oh well didn't know what happened there.
Last edited by AnnihilatorX on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Doodads don't show up on turret sections D:
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

AnnihilatorX, post your sb4.

God, when will you people learn...
Krishach
Commander
Commander

Post by Krishach »

Hah! I figured out what happened to my ships (it happened again). Its either a cache problem or something similar I would think. The game either A) overwrites my OTHER ships with a single version of the three I've been flipping between, or B) Does not load the new ship at all, and sticks with a single version.

I'm betting on A), because I restarted just to make sure it wasn't a cache display, but it could be a temp file issue. Anyway, I wound up missing the .sb4s, with the only one remaining being the only one that would display. The files were there this time with the individual names, but I could have done something myself to cause that.

So, the game will NOT load a new ship after previously saving an old one.

Also, to avoid user error (and losing my ships again), I've kept backups in different folders. It only happens in one folder, and the others work fine and STILL open, so again its either a temp file issue with the folder being used, or an overwrite issue.

In both cases where it happened, I was cycling between 3 different ship designs or more (saving and loading in the same editor) to do tweaks to the overall design when it happened. It happened to every ship in the folder, and only after going back and forth numerous times. If it happens again I'll try to get you a count, but for those who do this: watch out, this error blows if you have more than 1 ship.
"Forgive my rudeness. I cannot abide useless people." -Murphy, Firefly

[b]Images removed for thoroughly violating width limit.[/b]
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Fairly major weapon bug - the sabot cannon works incorrectly when controlled by enemy AI: it takes the base damage instead of the explosion damage as the value to use over the explosion radius. Damage per hit works fine, as far as I can see.

This is all a bit of a shame really, cos sabot cannons are just awesome :3

Darlos9D
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Darlos9D »

Deltaflyer wrote:And Darlos, I believe that the rockets cannot turn, so they have to point at the target. I may be wrong though.
They don't by default, but you can set them to track, and they do so just fine. But the weapon itself still wants to be able to point straight at potential targets for some reason, even if you set the launch arc to 180.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Code: Select all

ERROR in
action number 1
of  Step Event
for object TacNukeCannon:

Error in code at line 8:
     image_angle = ts_linkpar.image_angle

at position 29: Unknown variable image_angle
Seems to happen when a TacNukeCannon with a modded weaponsprite is destroyed. You get these for a while and if you ignore them, the game goes back to normal. The sprite I used is arcalane's medium autocannon sprite.
Perturabo
Commander
Commander

Post by Perturabo »

http://www.mediafire.com/?nyuwmyhzjjj

Activating/deactivating a weapon by using a moving section is broken.
When in deadly danger, When beset by doubt, Run in little circles, Wave your arms and shout
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

group rotating a turret section rotation does not update the target direction parameters of movement and rotational animations.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Sabot Cannon's bullet sprite appears behind the turret - incorrect origin?

Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Post by Hypothetical Wisdom »

Alright, this is a 9 on the Wierd Scale:

for object ctr_Testroom:

COMPILATION ERROR in code action
Error in code at line 10:
nSec2a(-35,-33,"Stock Sections\BSF_Stock11.png",1,1,180,-1,1,1,0)

at position 32: Unexpected symbol.

The message itself isn't the part that's weird, it's the circumstances under which I get it. I get this message only and always when I put a COMMA in the DESCRIPTION of the ship! WTH?!?!? How this has to do with a backslash in a line for a ship section, I have no idea. Anyway, I have tested this problem thoroughly, and I'm sure that the comma is what causes it. :P
Will work for kewl sig/av

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

That bug was fixed in the latest version, Hypothetical Wisdom.
Perturabo
Commander
Commander

Post by Perturabo »

Not all weapons can have projectiles replaced, don't know if this is a bug or intentional.

The game won't accept custom sprites that are .PNG instead of .png. It doesn't like capitals, apparently.
When in deadly danger, When beset by doubt, Run in little circles, Wave your arms and shout
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Post by Hypothetical Wisdom »

What new version, Kaelis? I'm using version v.90!
Will work for kewl sig/av

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Hypothetical Wisdom wrote:What new version, Kaelis? I'm using version v.90!
v.90a, you dumbshit.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.