new member.....

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

molemian
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

new member.....

Post by molemian »

Hi, i am a newcomer to this forum but not new to this game i have been playing before and created some pretty good ships.

I am currently wotking on a fleet which i will post in this forum when it is done.
And to make sure it is well-balanced i will played against the enemies in the sandbox over and over again to make sure there is a 50/50 chance of either ship surviving.....

so now as the new build is out i have played with the ship-builder there and found that there are a DC funktion to the weapons.....
I have been searching around the forum, looked at the help page in the ship-builder but have not found out what the DC featur is.....
Could anyone please help me?
As-Sym corporation: "we create stuff you don't need just for the need of something useless."
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

DC? Clarify please.
Avatarless and proud of it! And being really crazy and screwing everything conventional!
Currently working on:

The largest transforming mecha EVAR!
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

DC = Direct Control
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Press F1 in both BSF and Shipmaker and do a thorough reading. It will help. A lot.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
molemian
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by molemian »

so, how does one direct control ships?
As-Sym corporation: "we create stuff you don't need just for the need of something useless."
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

Ah I see;

Short version; don't activate it, its pretty buggy as of now and the same goes with many of the new features. Either cross your fingers for a bug fix or try to find ways around it.

And read this too;
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3458
Avatarless and proud of it! And being really crazy and screwing everything conventional!
Currently working on:

The largest transforming mecha EVAR!
molemian
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by molemian »

D00D!: thanks that helped..... seriously.

EDIT: i have now tested the Direct-Control part and found it rather amusing to be able o control the ship by myself, the only thing i thought where a slight bit bad was that it was a short period of time before the ship responded whenever i pressed the fire, move left, drive forward, turn around button, but i don't complain about it because you can not think that a huge ship like that would respond like lightning itself as soon as the left-turn command was ordered.....
other than that, no problem.