v0.9 Bug Report Thread

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Pressing F10 in Sandbox gives you the Gray Void of Cement (Blank gray screen). Pressing it again finally takes you to the options.
duestchland1
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by duestchland1 »

Whenever I start the sandbox the program refuses to let me place a ship. Nonresponsive button syndrome.
I lost my avatar because I made it too big.
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

ODST wrote:The sprites are .png files. They're the Tyrian projectile pack, ripped by CheesyErwin. As for making the file extensions lower case, I don't know how you would do that. Just at ".png" to the end of the file name?
Go to view in any explorer folder windows -> Folder Options
untick "Hide extension for known file types"
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Depth for sections sometimes are stuck at a certain minimum "depth value", i.e. highest point
The section in the following file shows an example. The bottom most floating section cannot have its layer depth decreased:

http://hiyukihome.110mb.com/roland/TridentExodus8.sb4

I have had this happened to normal sections without booster, any weapon nor modules attached but have parent child relationship. The problem might have arisen with the use of cloning command.

Aegis and Booster effects will appear below a targeted section if they are confronted to the depth of their parent section of which has a lower depth value. I think for game play benefits and user friendliness the effect should always be visible. Modder can always choose to dim the effect colour to eliminate but it's currently impossible to reinforce parent depth confrontation of the modules and a proper target effect in cases.

I don't know if this also relates to the earlier bug I reported about ageis targeting a completely different section in-game than the one specified and appeared normal in the ship maker.
Last edited by AnnihilatorX on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

AnnihilatorX wrote: The section in the following file shows an example. The bottom most floating section cannot have its layer depth decreased:
If it's the bottom section why would you want to lower it more? <.<
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Chiiro wrote:
AnnihilatorX wrote: The section in the following file shows an example. The bottom most floating section cannot have its layer depth decreased:
If it's the bottom section why would you want to lower it more? <.<
No, I meant the section I isolated in the ship maker so that the person looking at the file knows which I am talking about. Bottom as in the bottom of the ship maker screen.

N.B. decreasing depth value means raising the piece up.
Last edited by AnnihilatorX on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

AnnihilatorX wrote: No, I meant the section I isolated in the ship maker so that the person looking at the file knows which I am talking about. Bottom as in the bottom of the ship maker screen.
Ah, right.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~