Question about Shipmaker

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

PriestsOfSyrinx
Ensign
Ensign

Question about Shipmaker

Post by PriestsOfSyrinx »

When you are moving parts into position with the mouse, why does it not move them pixel by pixel? It always jumps about 10 pixels each time it moves. It's not my mouse because everything else is perfect except SM. This basically forces me to punch in the variables for position myself, which is time consuming, and requires some trial and error.

Was it designed this way? Why would it be? Is there a value in an .ini I can change to make the mouse placement more precise?
We are the Priests, of the Temples, of Syrinx
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Yes it is designed that way. I have no idea why. No there is no setting in the .ini to fix this. To get pixel-by-pixel movement press the arrow keys while holding down shift. If you want sub-pixel movement, you can modify the coordinates in the edit tab.
Last edited by Swamp Fox on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Shift and arrow keys are your friend, they allow for more precise pixel by pixel movement.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
PriestsOfSyrinx
Ensign
Ensign

Thanks for the fast answers!

Also, how do I scale a part to a different size?
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

'K', 'I', 'shift' 'K' and 'shift' 'I' resize sections, while 'A', 'Q', 'shift' 'A', and 'shift 'Q' resize weapons. For more help, press F1.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

EDIT: Sorry, my bad. I got confuzzled. It's shift-L and shift-J that do horizontal/vertical flippage.
Last edited by Swamp Fox on Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
PriestsOfSyrinx
Ensign
Ensign

Ah, F1! I probably should have thought of that first :roll: