BSF 2 suggestion topic.

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

He said elsewhere the best case scenario was 6 months. Probably more.
What?
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by What? »

I got another one 8) . How about being able to mirror the left side of your screen to the right side and vice versa? Will make my stations building much easier P_P
[quote="What?"] Wut. [/quote]
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

I think that's up there.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

I got another one 8) . How about being able to mirror the left side of your screen to the right side and vice versa? Will make my stations building much easier P_P
this is why we read the first page.
mirror either axis
because it is already there
"any problem can be solved with a gratuitous enough use of high explosives" Normandy
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Yeah, please read the first page before making a new post about a suggestion.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Same suggestion as last topic since it probably got missed being the last post on a page: All weapons having the "Launch Arc" stat which the Missile Launcher has.

AD EDIT; Added to the list.
Nahki
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Nahki »

make the friggin engine modules whit trails!!!! im sick of aegis engines !!!
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Mod your thrusters then :P
But yeah, trails or even just glows would be nice...poofs...not so much.
Nahki
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Nahki »

mod? :cry: im only good in bat programming i don't know how to mod modules or weapons :( Baahehaeoh stay on topic.. i mean engine modules are destroyable and stuff the speed can be lowered whit damaging the module and if the engines are being shoot down the ship will be unable to move until its repaired and remove the core engine!!! its looks a bit strange
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

I would like explosive modules that explode when destroyed, similar to plasma weapons (moddable damage, radius, speed, color...). when they or their parent section go boom, both yours, allied and enemies in the blast radius take damage. would make great kamikaze ships. also the ability to enable friendly fire. sometimes it makes sense (plasma weps) and sometimes it doesn't (Demeters, rail guns). the player again should be able to make that decision. however multiplay ends up working, I beg to have custom ships. :D
"any problem can be solved with a gratuitous enough use of high explosives" Normandy
Kanosint
Commander
Commander

Post by Kanosint »

Well, it's probably not going to happen, but I second Thunder...

A smoother, actual vehicular look to the sections, modules and weaponry would be great... I think it might require more work on our part too, but I recon the results would be great... Full 3D (or even fake 3D) would be even better, of course, as would planetary surface vessels inclusion (choose whether you wanna make a Tank, Airplane, Ship or Spaceship? Different Cores would be more than just aesthetics...)
Heh, well look at that, the first time I said that 3D would be the superior choice over 2D... *celebrates with Champagne while fantasising about his huge Ground Battleships with actual aircraft facilities*

If you go even further than that, interior designs, the ability to actually sit in the Captain's chair and gunner seats... Hmmm, scuse me, getting carried away again ^^;
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Could you please quote whoever you're seconding next time so i don't have to go back a page? /lazy

Anyway, at your aesthetics suggestion, I disagree. TH15 said that BSF2 wouldn't be too much of an improvement from BSF1, besides multiplayer and a faster engine.

The planetary aspect is probably EXTREMELY complicated. Hundreds of thousands of lines of code would have to be added for balancing it, such as letting ships attack vehicles on planets, letting planetary vehicles attack space ships, letting space ships screw with the planet to mess up the vehicles, ETC.

I like this last part though. Being able to control weaponry and the like through first person view. However, that would require ANOTHER complete overhaul of the engine, and it isn't very likely.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

Magick wrote: However, that would require ANOTHER complete overhaul of the engine, and it isn't very likely.
wow...just...wow...
Kanosint
Commander
Commander

Post by Kanosint »

Well, yes, hence why I said:
Well, it's probably not going to happen, [snip]
Still, can't blame me for dreaming.
The option of adding a sort of 'hull' around the regular bare look (for lack of a better term) would be quite sweet. A sort of über-doodad if you will. Once the ship is finished, click 'Hull', and a layer of colour will be added over it to make the ship look like a whole. You can then texture the ship as you desire.

It doesn't sound too hard, IMHO, but it is unlikely to be something TH15 desires.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

i'm pretty sure it was in the first thread, but i'll say it here (was it me or someone else who first suggested this?):

demeter launcer LIKE module that spawn ships specified via a feature similar to "load" in the ship maker. (don't have to custom spawn missles)
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...