BSF 2 suggestion topic.

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Nifty idea that, but to be fair you could probably improvise it now using a link parent as the generator, with the link children's settings unable to fire by themselves.

I'd like to see point defense weapons behave more like regular weapons, with the ability to set arc and link using drivers and triggers. Its probably be said before, but to me its one of the biggest hangups within the context of the current version's capabilities.
zaneymoore
Ensign
Ensign

Post by zaneymoore »

I'd like to see a togglable collision mode for ships, that way, you can do one final all out attack and ram an opponent. risky, but sometimes such a last ditch effort is what wins ya?
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

zaneymoore wrote:I'd like to see a togglable collision mode for ships, that way, you can do one final all out attack and ram an opponent. risky, but sometimes such a last ditch effort is what wins ya?
We have this.
ctrl+k try it.
zaneymoore
Ensign
Ensign

Post by zaneymoore »

will do
zaneymoore
Ensign
Ensign

Post by zaneymoore »

not quite what i mean though, i mean for it to be more like when a stray piece of debris hits the hull, only the ships would be hitting each other's hulls as opposed space junk. the way i picture it now is that the ships fly over and under each other respectively to avoid a hull crunching crash, but adding the toggle would make it more like one ship flying straight into the hull of another instead of getting near the core and detonating which ctrl-k kamikaze ai does
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

if you get the min and max size for weapons sorted out which would be amazing.

perhaps you could add a min and max damage for point defences.

eg

2 point beams - target projectiles with 20 damage or higher
2 particle cannons - target projectiles with 4 min damage and 19 max damage
1 flak - target projectiles with 1 min damage and 5 max damage
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4816][img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8121/signatureav.jpg[/img][/url]
Darkzen
Ensign
Ensign

Re: BSF 2 suggestion topic.

Post by Darkzen »

I think in BSF 2 you should have the ability to create formations.
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Make the damn thing already.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

inteuniso wrote:Make the damn thing already.
Oh, sure. Just pay the development costs and were on it. Want my paypal or do you prefer some other method of money transfer?
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Actually, yes.

Looking at some great games being developed right now (DF, Minecraft come to mind instantly), and they are being run by donations.

I really would not mind donating cash to see BSF 2 developed.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Except both Minecraft and especially DF have massive communities. And in the case on Minecraft its not even a donation but early purchase.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I don't think I've ever even seen a button to donate to Wyrdysm for BSF or ant of the other games. Maybe that would be a start.

They may have massive communities but its because their games have had lots of hours of coding put into them...

And in a more powerful language than GML.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Silverware wrote:They may have massive communities but its because their games have had lots of hours of coding put into them...

And in a more powerful language than GML.
Disagreed. These games are popular because they are simply brilliant.

Lots of hours coding - Uh, no one cares about that; people don't judge games by how many hours went into coding or development in general. And the argument is invalid in the case of Minecraft anyway; its a fairly simple game and could be compared to BSF in terms of how much effort it took.

More powerful language - Whats wrong with GML? Sure, GM itself is slow and doing DF in it would be a suicide, but as far as 'power' goes, GML is fine. Im not aware of any tasks that it couldnt handle.

But ultimately it doesn't matter, the fact is that BSF simply doesn't have a community big enough for donations to be even remotely helpful with developing BSF2. Just look at how big DF forums alone are, yet the donations are still barely enough for Toady to support himself.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

How much are we talking about exactly? in sterling preferably.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
evildude
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by evildude »

it might already be in the list but im too lazy to read all 32 pages of the topic...

i was thinking about a cloaking device that could make your ship invisible or not be seen in radar or be exactly like a enemy ship in colour.

and also a given set of ships that could combine to form a bigger ship and change its stats.
[url=http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=evildude]don't click this link...OR ELSE!!!......[/url]