How did you learn about BSF?

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Have you done your part to spread BSF?

I have aided BSF on its path to world domination
63%
I am, umm, planning on, someday, doing something or other to help. Maybe.
31%
I am anti-spread BSF (Why?), BWAHAHA...
6%

Total votes: 87

mtheminja
Captain
Captain

How did you learn about BSF?

Post by mtheminja »

And how can we try and get it to more people? I found it on JayisGames, and I just told them they should refeature it since there has been such big updates. Also, it got a review which missed how awesome ship builder is...

So, where did you find it?
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

I found it in the section of PC Gamer called (I believe) Freeloader. I thought it looked look so I googled Battleships Forever and here I am today.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Most of the Singaporeans here on the forums should have read about BSF in the local newspapers last year. th15 got featured quite a number of times, I remember.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Caboose
Commander
Commander

Post by Caboose »

I am in the same boat as AidanAdv. I heard about BSF in the Games For Windows magazine, in the freeloader section. They gave it some high remarks too. I looked into it because I wanted to find a good fleet fighting game. I found that in BSF... and a lot more.
No, wait, go back! Why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?

The United Terran-Grakk'Mar Alliance Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2293&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult
Koross
Commander
Commander

Post by Koross »

AidanAdv wrote:I found it in the section of PC Gamer called (I believe) Freeloader. I thought it looked look so I googled Battleships Forever and here I am today.
Ditto.
My Fleet: [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1821]Aquilonian Fleet[/url] | [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=53841#53841]Neo Genesis[/url] | [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2632]UTA[/url]
My Random Ships: [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2191&highlight=]Brainfarts™[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=851&highlight=ship+types]Ship Classifications[/url]
delta1238
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by delta1238 »

Guy made a megathread on facepunch about battleships forever. I was intrigued by the ship building, and the gameplay looked awesome (I love games that force you to flank and the like.) so I simply clicked the link, went to the nearest download I could find and BLAM, I've been sucked in.

In short, link on a gaming website.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I just typed "freeware games" on google, pressed the first link, and found BSF. Simple as hell. I haven't been able to spread it around, unfortunately. People around me seem to have a dislike for space games.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

Read bout it in the papers
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

I got it off the cover disc of PC PowerPlay issue 142. (September 2007)
It was version 0.64, which was out-dated even then, so I quickly got a newer version off the website pretty much straight away. I'm very glad that I did.
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

I found the game just like that, searching for a good game.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Star Wars galactic battlegrounds heaven forums, where NoverCalis posted his fantastic Star Destroyer, and Boba Fetuccini was waffling on about it for ages also.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Found it via the GreatGamesExperiment myself. Been trying to spread it, but not all too successfully so far.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Nobody at my school plays stratergy games, and they don't have any intrest in trying even a free one.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

I downloaded warning forever and on the wiki about it there was a link to battleships forever
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Someone advertised the game to me on a certain forum I (used to) visit.