Game not loading

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Nikulas
Ensign
Ensign

Game not loading

Post by Nikulas »

i have red the topic that covers my problem but the thing is i was able to play it then the nex day aka today it seems not to work but i think i have an idea but i would like to conferm it. That idea is it might be due to me having a 64 bit cpu and any help would be great.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Battleships Forever is developed on a WinXP 64 machine and it works fine. It just doesn't get any more obscure than that (linux has a better install base than winxp64). So no, 64-bit systems aren't an issue at all.

If you're on Vista though, that's another problem because if you install the game to the program files folder you need administrator access to run the game. If you install the game without administrator access, the way Vista works is that it gives you that access for the current session, but the next time you run the game it fails if you don't have administrator access.

The solution is to install the game to your user folder (usually c:\users\username) which doesn't require administrator privileges to access.

No it's stupid, it doesn't make sense, but that's how Vista does things. Somebody thought it was a good idea.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Nikulas
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nikulas »

no i do not have vista and will not get vista and i know it should work but it dose not and it's vary strange why it dose not
X-14
Commander
Commander

Post by X-14 »

HMMMMMMMM. I have a 64bit Vista and i have no problem with the game.
Nikulas
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nikulas »

lot of people are haveing fun like i did for about 6 hours then for me it no ork and when it was working it would load fast.
Game_boy

Re: Game not loading

Post by Game_boy »

Nikulas wrote:i have red the topic that covers my problem but the thing is i was able to play it then the nex day aka today it seems not to work but i think i have an idea but i would like to conferm it. That idea is it might be due to me having a 64 bit cpu and any help would be great.
He probably don't own a 64-bit OS anyway. All CPUs sold today have the AMD64 instructions but if you don 't deliberately choose it you end up with a 32-bit OS. That is certainly not the problem.
[b]Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.[/b]