hey I'm new

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

hey I'm new

Post by jwa8402 »

I was thrown towards this game from Darkspace players and I've been glued to my computer since :shock:. Career mode is pretty straight forward so I've been fooling with shipbuilder, which after reading the forums seems to be the main focus. I understand how upset vets get when new players don't try to find the answer themselves so I've been reading but i still have a few questions.
As far as modding the appearance of weapons and modules, I've got the color and angle down but can't seem to figure out how to resize them.
Big thing that i feel stupid for is i can't figure out how to select multiple components...I can tell they are linked somehow because sometimes when i delete one several others are deleted as well, but i can't see how to control it.
How do i link things like the ageis deflector to a piece of hull?
Also I saw something about tournaments...is there multiplayer of some sort or is it all done by stats?
Finally I guess I should ask if theres a really obvious manual or post on all the commands and such, I saw building tutorials but they were more concept and less technical.
Im sure the answers are out there but Im running low on time and my eyes are bleeding from reading...(and fooling with ships everytime I find a new trick :twisted: )
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Resizing weapons (not modules) is A and Q. Hold shift for the other axis

You cannot select multiples. You can only work with whatever you have selected (flashing blue) one at a time. However, group moving will move a section with all its childs via CTRL+SHIFT+ARROW. For group rotation, CTRL+(J or L). For group cloning, right click the section.

To change the parent of sections, weapons and modules, pay particular close attention to the white lines (which you can toggle on and off with P). The arrow points to a child, from the originating parent that it is connect to. In order to change the parent of a child object, you must have the child selected, and then right click a section that you want to be the parent instead, then select 'Set Parent'. You cannot break the required parenting hiearchy that requires all sections to eventually lead to the core.

The same technique is used to assign aegis and boosters their target section.

The manual is brought up via F1. There's one for ingame and one for shipmaker.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

sicinctly concise answer, thank you. Never would have guessed some of those, including the manual :lol:
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Wow.

Tl;dr, welcome to Wyrd :D
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Welcome to the BSF forums! Please make your stay here as comfortable as possible by conforming to the rules and making useful contributions to the BSF community.

And I guess all of your earlier questions have already been answered...so I can't answer them now... :x
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Please make your stay here as comfortable as possible by conforming to the rules and making useful contributions to the BSF community.
Oh, lovely irony.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

ArcaneDude wrote:
Please make your stay here as comfortable as possible by conforming to the rules and making useful contributions to the BSF community.
Oh, lovely irony.
Ah. Irony. The best part about being a human being.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Master Chief wrote:Ah. Irony. The best part about being a human being.

No its not.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Squishy wrote:
Master Chief wrote:Ah. Irony. The best part about being a human being.

No its not.
Yes it is.

I guess we should cut our banter and let the author of this thread speak. Shall we?
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

No, no it's not.

The correct term would be "I, Chief, think irony is the best thing about being human due to our capacity to recognize and enjoy it."

Let the author speak about what? I already have taken care of his concerns.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Epic Fail Sense... Tingling...

So, anything else you need to know before this thread is inevitably locked?
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]