suggestions

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

polyopulis
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

suggestions

Post by polyopulis »

the option in ship maker to set point defence guns to "defensive" "offensive" and "adjustable" all point defence guns are adjustable right now. the reason for this is that i was making a battlestar galactica and i wanted to have some flak guns as defence and 4 bigger ones as offence that shoot slower and with more damage and range. also, when i make one as an enemy, it will automatically set the main weapons on defence and will never attack other ships with them.

shot size, shot color, shot speed and shot HP (damage it will take from point defence before exploding) in editer
toggle tracknig on weapons in editer

concussive missiles: missiles that do a little more damage than the regualr ones, go faster, don't track and travel in a path like this

[launcher]>
... |
... | (slow)
... v
... -------------fast------------------------->

just a few ideas might add more later =Þ
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Re: suggestions

Post by Sponge »

polyopulis wrote:the option in ship maker to set point defence guns to "defensive" "offensive" and "adjustable"...
I don't see why not, but it's not a feature that would see much use.
shot size, shot color, shot speed and shot HP (damage it will take from point defence before exploding) in editer
Already doable. Scale the weapon up or down to adjust projectile size, color is definable, speed is definable, and you can set interceptability, which is like HP.
toggle tracknig on weapons in editer
I don't like this one. Tracking blasters and such would just make things messy.
concussive missiles: missiles that do a little more damage than the regualr ones, go faster, don't track and travel in a path like this...
You can adjust damage, you can adjust speed, you can disable tracking with a turnspeed of zero. You can't make them accelerate, but you can get really close to the overall effect you want ;).
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

Sponge pretty well covered it, almost everything there is doable with the current editor.

I would love to see in-editor interceptor toggling, though.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Interceptability for all weapons would be nice though.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Water_and_Wind wrote:Interceptability for all weapons would be nice though.
Including beamers? because that makes no sense whatsoever. :?
Last edited by Lizzie on Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

Lizzie wrote:
Including beamers because that makes no sense whatsoever. :?
au contraire, with the size of some of the missiles people have made you'd need beamers to be able to shoot them down.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Tsakara wrote:
Lizzie wrote:
Including beamers because that makes no sense whatsoever. :?
au contraire, with the size of some of the missiles people have made you'd need beamers to be able to shoot them down.
No . . . she means that intercepting a beam weapon is impossible, and therefore shouldn't be included. You seem to be saying that you would use a beam weapon to intercept a ship . . .
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

ahh I misread it.

but you should be able to intercept beamers. MIRROR FLAK!
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Tsakara wrote:ahh I misread it.

but you should be able to intercept beamers. MIRROR FLAK!
No dammit because thats what makes beamers unique. The only thing that can stop them are either Deflectors or the Rorschach. (Th15 why did you have to name it that. Jerk)
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Being able to set default interceptor mode would be the only idea, in my opinion, that has any reason to be implemented soon from this list.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
polyopulis
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by polyopulis »

for the toggle tracking, what I mean is just to turn off tracking on missiles

for shot size, i don't want this massive weapon on my ship just so it can shoot bigger stuff and how do you change projectile speed, tracking, color and interceptability?
Rutilant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rutilant »

polyopulis wrote:for the toggle tracking, what I mean is just to turn off tracking on missiles

for shot size, i don't want this massive weapon on my ship just so it can shoot bigger stuff and how do you change projectile speed, tracking, color and interceptability?
Set the missile turning speed to zero to stop them from tracking.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

polyopulis wrote:how do you change projectile speed, tracking, color and interceptability?
You need a V3 version of SB. The newest one (comes with the newest version of the game) has the most functionality. You'll notice two buttons on the left of your screen but to the right of the main interface. One says add, the other says edit. With a module/weapon selected, press the add button.
polyopulis
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by polyopulis »

two more suggestions

linked firing, you link two of the same weapons to either fire at the same time or alternately, mostly for effect

the second one is double connect, what this will do is allow you to connect one piece to two so if you have two or three supports, you don't have to pick which one is the one that actually holds up the piece. like this
_________
|________|
..|1| |2| |3|

so instead of picking either 1 2 or 3 to hold up the larger rectangle, you can make them all do it
Game_boy

Post by Game_boy »

With the current system of parenting the "1 2 3" thing is nearly impossible. It might be possible to make the section blow up if any of the 1,2,3 sections are destroyed.
[b]Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.[/b]