Oenone vs Sinope

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Arona Daal wrote:Maybe with enough Sinopes you could even bust through aegis shields when they focus their first strike.
lolno
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Yeah, beamers can't really break aegis because they do minor damage er frame over a duration, whereas a Blaster is just WHAM, 17 damage, one frame.

Anyways, I was worriedI was the only one that felt the Sinope was... awkward, heh.
Arona Daal
Commander
Commander

Post by Arona Daal »

Anarki wrote:
Arona Daal wrote:Maybe with enough Sinopes you could even bust through aegis shields when they focus their first strike.
lolno
Don't lolno me if you didn't read what I wrote. If the duration that the damage was shortened, and the overall damage increased, yes it would be possible to punch through aegis with 4-5 sinopes. Instead of a beamer that has no chance in hell to break through, 20 or so shock beamers that inflict their damage nearly instantaneously could do the job.
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/Herumtreiber/Sprites/BeachwithTurtle.jpg[/img] by Me.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Anarki wrote:
lolno
GTFO troll.

Sinope is done wrong IMO. It should have Gatling weapons rather then those shock beamers. For more of "WHAM IN YOUR FACE".
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Beams are cool though.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Artman40
Commander
Commander

Post by Artman40 »

Well, since GDC is over and poor Sean hadn't got any prize, He should be heading home soon and some day start replying what is unanswered.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Bah, I still think BSF is better than half the games there.

But then again BSF is a niche game, and I fit into that niche pretty well...
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Lizzie wrote:
Anarki wrote:
lolno
GTFO troll.

Sinope is done wrong IMO. It should have Gatling weapons rather then those shock beamers. For more of "WHAM IN YOUR FACE".
Yeah, but then in the end all you have is a bigger Zelus, and a Destroyer that takes over the Enyo's niche. Gatling Blasters are just too strong to mass up, IMO, there's a reason the only one in the game is solely on the Hestia.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Give Dieterlings root(2) more range, and twice the recharge time? One large jump requires less micro and makes it easier to get behind enemies or to use as an emergency measure.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

TormakSaber wrote:
Lizzie wrote:
Anarki wrote: lolno
GTFO troll.

Yeah, but then in the end all you have is a bigger Zelus, and a Destroyer that takes over the Enyo's niche. Gatling Blasters are just too strong to mass up, IMO, there's a reason the only one in the game is solely on the Hestia.
Give it crap armor then.
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

Or, don't give it Gatling Blasters but Gatling Pulse instead...
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Spoot Knight wrote:Or, don't give it Gatling Blasters but Gatling Pulse instead...
See: "Then you just end up with a bigger Zelus and a Destroyer that takes over the Enyo's niche".

I'd say the same thing for "giving it crap armor". The Sinope already walks a thin line in the unique-ability market, since hit and run is already done absolutely fabulously by the Zelus.