the SB is being stupid

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Tsakara
Captain
Captain

the SB is being stupid

Post by Tsakara »

this new version of the shipmaker seems very buggy:
1. can't start a new ship, I have to quit the game and relaunch 'N' just crashes it
2. can't work on ships made before the last patch (including my tourny ship ><) if you try this the game gives you an error when you load the ship and spits you out.
2500kgm3
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by 2500kgm3 »

the version of the 12th of February works fine for me.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: the SB is being stupid

Post by Latooni »

Tsakara wrote:2. can't work on ships made before the last patch (including my tourny ship ><) if you try this the game gives you an error when you load the ship and spits you out.
That's not exactly a bug. And if you really need to focus on one ship, you never, ever overwrite the version you were using.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

1. Latest version of BsF Maker works fine for me - hitting N I get the clear dialogue prompt followed by a clean work area.
2. What Mug said - I always take a backup copy of the BsF folder prior to installing a new release, that way I can go back to editing a previous ship (somewhat) easily, just have to find which backup version works with the ship. This has been a feature of pretty much each upgrade that it breaks editing of prior ships (even of those of same apparent level eg. SB3).

Uninstall, clean out the folders of any remaining BsF files (obviously don't delete your ship files), and then reinstall.
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

SM also works fin for me, and I keep old installations of BSF and name them like BSF84, BSF85E, BSF86 and BSF88, in case I discover a fatal crash bug in a newer version that wasn't there in an earlier version.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Works fine for me. Just don't install over an existing copy. That sometimes causes issues.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ