Aegis Isn't Truly Impenetrable!

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

darkone8752
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by darkone8752 »

Strangely enough, try modding a regulr scatter laser to have 0 deviation. Don't touch the damage.Boom, superlaser. Not sure of its exact damage, but it easily punched through several 900 hp sections and 2 shot my bogue super-dreadnaught XD Don't know why the damage is so pimped out on it.
Stormcaller
Commander
Commander

Post by Stormcaller »

Probably because it's designed to do a little damage to a bunch of sections as it jumps all over the place. Because it isn't hopping around to distribute the damage more equally, it's punching through. Kind of like a cluster bomb versus a bunker buster.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Danny420Dale wrote:There's also the Fucking Bees™ option as well. Demeters are awesome against aegis whores.
Heck, there good for everything!
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Stormcaller wrote:Probably because it's designed to do a little damage to a bunch of sections as it jumps all over the place. Because it isn't hopping around to distribute the damage more equally, it's punching through. Kind of like a cluster bomb versus a bunker buster.
I'm gonna hafta debunk this and say that the damage was modified. Some of my more recent large ships used undeviating scatterbeams as pulse lasers with unmodified damage, and took a decent amount of time to chew through each other's armour not counting the help they got from the rest of the ship's guns. :P Admittedly there was about ten times as much armour, but it still wasn't easy.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Do your ships by any chance have point beams? The ugly point beam bug is rearing it's head again.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
darkone8752
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by darkone8752 »

Arcalane wrote:
Stormcaller wrote:Probably because it's designed to do a little damage to a bunch of sections as it jumps all over the place. Because it isn't hopping around to distribute the damage more equally, it's punching through. Kind of like a cluster bomb versus a bunker buster.
I'm gonna hafta debunk this and say that the damage was modified. Some of my more recent large ships used undeviating scatterbeams as pulse lasers with unmodified damage, and took a decent amount of time to chew through each other's armour not counting the help they got from the rest of the ship's guns. :P Admittedly there was about ten times as much armour, but it still wasn't easy.
9k hp? God damn!
Well i didnt touch anything other then deviation.. and it blew through several pieces of 900 hp bogue in one shot. i think i still have the SB3 file
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

darkone8752 wrote:Strangely enough, try modding a regulr scatter laser to have 0 deviation. Don't touch the damage.Boom, superlaser. Not sure of its exact damage, but it easily punched through several 900 hp sections and 2 shot my bogue super-dreadnaught XD Don't know why the damage is so pimped out on it.
Check Arcalane's Weapons and Modules sticky. He says scatter beams have a damage rate of 2 per frame...which is 60 (at the maximum FPS) per second...which means that it would take 15 full (apparent) seconds to blast through that armour segment.

Are you sure you set the HP to 900? Or was it 90? :?
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]