idea for SB

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Tsakara
Captain
Captain

idea for SB

Post by Tsakara »

so it is impossible to use ships in SM2 in SM3 due to compatibility issues. BUT would it be possible to somehow incorporate all the versions into one shipmaker with tabs? so one tab has SM2 one has SM3 etc. you could just add a tab for every build. I don't know how hard this would be to do though, I'd think you could just end to end the code somehow but I dunno. and of course there are probably some things that could work in the SM2 section that it doesn't have right now, like the screenshots and things.
Cerebrus
Captain
Captain

Post by Cerebrus »

What exactly would the benefit of this be?
[i]...can we hold on...?[/i]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Not needing to redo all your older ships?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Um, but why wouldn't you want to? The transition between SM1 and SM2, and SM2 and SM3 is astronomical in terms of features and customization.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Ah. OK. I didn't know it was that big a difference. My bad.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

this would just make it easier to transfer from SM1 to 2 to 3. for instance, being able to cut and paste groups of parts
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

I just have the old sm2 sitting in my folder for editing the old sb2 files of ships that are too laborous to recreate in sm3.
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

Same as squishy. I have HUNDREDS of ships on my comp, alot in sb2.
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]