Greetings from Universitas!

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Greetings from Universitas!

Post by DeathsHand »

:incoming deep space transmission:

Greetings.....I am DeathsHand of system m-117, and the people of my world have deemed this game most worthy since the great arrival of v0.82 However with this greeting comes a question, unfortunately. By my hand, the great Ta'i class battle cruiser was forged in the fires of the v0.82 ship builder.
Then, one day I decided to return to the great site to see about an update and behold! There lay that which I seek! As I activated the great battle-forge
I tried to access the ta'i blueprints, but to my peoples horror, I was greeted by a blank green screen :cry: Tell me oh great builders of the ONE, will my v0.82 ships be compatible with the new verson? they work fine in sandbox, but I cannot edit them with the new ship builder.

:transmission ends:
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Auriak
Captain
Captain

Post by Auriak »

:incoming transmission:

The Auriak extend our greetings to you, people of Universitas! However, we sympathize with you for your most tragic loss. The v0.82 ship builder is out-dated, so vessels constructed within it will be unable to upgrade with the latest models of ship builder. We are already at v0.88, so I am sorry to inform you that we believe what you ask to be impossible. But fear not, for what you constructed once, you can construct again, and Better! That is what has kept us moving on in this dangerous galaxy!

:end transmission:
"Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them"
Auriak Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1654
Mystar Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Sorry, but there's no way to change versions. You'll have to remake the ship.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Fair enough, at least I can still use them in the v0.88 sandbox, not exactly easy to reconstruct one of my 800 section monsters though :?

Prophets foretell........BEWARE!.......it comes.........I sense it..........behold! DeathsHand's 150 ship model fleet!............MK-2 :twisted:
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

:roll:

The Prophets are a bunch of losers who deserve to spend some nice private time with the Gravemind.

Since most of the versions of shipmaker have recently been in beta phase (moving from SM2 to SM3), compatability was not maintained in many cases - either by accident or intention.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Kalanosis
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Kalanosis »

Arcalane wrote:The Prophets are a bunch of losers who deserve to spend some nice private time with the Gravemind.
:lol:
So true.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Nice private time...

That is disgusting...You are disgusting...
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush