A new idea for BSF

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

MDmakaan
Account Inactive

A new idea for BSF

Post by MDmakaan »

A part saver

I make custom weapons, and i put them on different ships
its annoying to make it precisely the same

What about a kind of saver or save file that stores these custom components for use on other ships?
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

We can currently export custom ships into text files. Just copy the relevant line of code and put it back into a new ship.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

He means the template strings. The E/R keys will export the currently selected object's settings into a bit of text. This can then be pasted back into another object, or even something on a different ship.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

th15 wrote:He means the template strings. The E/R keys will export the currently selected object's settings into a bit of text. This can then be pasted back into another object, or even something on a different ship.
I guess th15 should have answered your doubts already. String importing/exporting is quite a new feature (well, to me personally) included in Shipmaker 3; it's tedious and time-consuming but it's much much faster than manually going back and forth to copy settings from weapon to weapon and module to module.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Giles
Commander
Commander

Post by Giles »

Master Chief wrote:
th15 wrote:He means the template strings. The E/R keys will export the currently selected object's settings into a bit of text. This can then be pasted back into another object, or even something on a different ship.
I guess th15 should have answered your doubts already. String importing/exporting is quite a new feature (well, to me personally) included in Shipmaker 3; it's tedious and time-consuming but it's much much faster than manually going back and forth to copy settings from weapon to weapon and module to module.
How is it tedious and time consuming? you hit r, then e. :?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I saw that, but I still have no idea how it works. A bit of explanation, bitte?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

1) Select Weapon/Module
2) Press "R" key
3) Select Weapon/Module you wish to be changed.
4) Press "E" key
5) Celebrate.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Thank you!
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
osilus
Captain
Captain

Post by osilus »

Heres an idea, how about a group-saver, so if you have a really cool wing or something, you can re-use it at a later time without having to totally reconstruct it.
Stormcaller
Commander
Commander

Post by Stormcaller »

Can you spit that info out into a text file to save for later then?