State of the game?

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Admiralkio
Ensign
Ensign

State of the game?

Post by Admiralkio »

Hello! Long time follower of the game here, absolutely fell in love with it years ago, just recently remembered it.
So, with th15 leaving, is BSF, dead?
Because i'd actually love to try and do something with it if allowed.
Agent S-315
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: State of the game?

Post by Agent S-315 »

Hey... My master's memory has tell me he has been here a long time ago... Hmm. This place has died down than the last few years.
Signature pruned as per Rule 19. Spoilers do not let you sidestep the rule. -AC
http://reassembly.wikia.com/wiki/Reassembly_Wiki
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

No, it's not allowed, you can't do anything, and asking for the source is not allowed here. So no, sorry, you can't do anything. BSF is in the state it is, and that's the state it will stay in unless one of the few people with the source do something.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

This entire thing is still quite useful as a spriting tool for other things, such as mods for Starsector.
naysayers will be shot
Flowrellik
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Flowrellik »

Truth be told Im surprised no one with the source is making codes for other awesome things.
I can see stuff like Photon Torpedo, Cloaking Device, Minelayers, Sonar, etc happen with this game. It can't be that hard to do really(then again I'm not to bright with coding)
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

Out of all those, only cloaking devices would add something to the game, imo.

Sonars don't work in space, but scanners make some sense... But I think you can increase accuracy with boosters, though. Idk, I'd have to check.

The rest can all be achieved already by modifying the existing weapons.

Honestly, I think the game is fine as it is. Some bug fixes would be nice, though, but oh well.

EDIT: Wait, what's going on? We have several new members and at least a returning one? Wow. Neat.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Flowrellik wrote:Truth be told Im surprised no one with the source is making codes for other awesome things.
I can see stuff like Photon Torpedo, Cloaking Device, Minelayers, Sonar, etc happen with this game. It can't be that hard to do really(then again I'm not to bright with coding)
It's just not worth the time and effort. BSF is old now, and working on shit for a small community of fans who don't know when to quit... :P

But seriously though, the main coders are busy (th15), AWOL (Kaelis), or lazy (STARSTRUCK). All I ever did was fuck around with a few weapons, and adding more of them won't get anyone anywhere.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Fucking move on, people. BSF was a great game, and we squeezed all the life out of it that we were capable of squeezing, while people did their best to push the code to its limits. th15 has moved on, Kaelis has moved on, STARSTRUCK has moved on, and basically all the decent shipbuilders have moved on.

If you're that desperate to keep the game alive, make ships. Make good ships. That usually stirs things to life. Seems like me getting back into shipbuilding always kicked activity up by 500%, but I'm not gonna do that any more. I've had enough of BSF. It was a great eight years, but seriously... sometimes you gotta let go.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Agent S-315
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Agent S-315 »

Well before my master discovered this BSF universe... He was obsessed with something that's probably forgotten by now.
Signature pruned as per Rule 19. Spoilers do not let you sidestep the rule. -AC
http://reassembly.wikia.com/wiki/Reassembly_Wiki
Anna

Post by Anna »

Agent S-315 wrote:Well before my master discovered this BSF universe... He was obsessed with something that's probably forgotten by now.
Talk like a normal fucking person.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Happycake
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Happycake »

I still use the ship builder for quick concepting...but that's about it. Still check the forums for snark and what not, though.
Look At Me Still Talking When There's Science To Do...
Anna

Post by Anna »

CarSteph wrote:
Anna wrote:
Agent S-315 wrote:Well before my master discovered this BSF universe... He was obsessed with something that's probably forgotten by now.
Talk like a normal fucking person.
Psst. don't say bad words, please be courteous enough as many could view the topic.
Pssst. Go fuck yourself.
Quality Control Enforcer
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

CarSteph wrote: Psst. don't say bad words, please be courteous enough as many could view the topic.
Hey dumbass, you, a newcomer, just told one of the admins of the site to not use language.
naysayers will be shot
Karts
Cadet

Post by Karts »

I still play.
Wasden
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Wasden »

Has anything changed at all in the last couple of years? Any words from the devs about this game or a sequel or something?
These probiotics for men are a great option if you want to get healthy.