Battleships Forever Info | 0.90d released 14 Apr

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

I want to know what TH_!% is doing right now. Whether it be Carpe Diem or BSF
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

It's Carpe Universum you nub. :roll:

PS shutup Natch.

The reason th15 hasn't done anything with BSF recently is because he's been lacking enthusiasm/motivation for doing so, which is entirely understandable.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Okay, its just earlier he said he was planning a big release for BSF and it never showed.

BTW I like your new avatar
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

The thread is still there. Or more precisely here.

He never stated that he was planning a big release, just that new things were on the horizon.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Zeron
Captain
Captain

Post by Zeron »

Arcalane wrote:It's Carpe Universum you nub. :roll:

PS shutup Natch.

The reason th15 hasn't done anything with BSF recently is because he's been lacking enthusiasm/motivation for doing so, which is entirely understandable.

I agree. I used to have a tabletop game I was making/updating for my friends. (Simple, very simple) They loved that game. But I wasn't very interested in the concept anymore after a month.
Fade-in,fade-out
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Well it's exam time for (under)graduates...
Lynx
Ensign
Ensign

Battleships forever

Post by Lynx »

I had an error with the Frosch cannon. I fired it, than it gave me an error. the frosch bolt was floating, not moving. just sitting there. not extremely useful. than i tried restarting the level, and it didn't do it. I wonder why.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

You should put your bug reports into the bugs topic that is also stickied in this forum. But to answer your question, check the speed of the Frosch gun bullet in ship maker. Its probably the bug where mirrored modules have a zero in one of their data entries.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

v0.89 is up peeps, enjoy.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

...huh. Got motivated?

Say, any chance seeing you on IRC, th15? Just to, you know, talk about 'stuff'. Would be nice to share thoughts, opinions etc. don't worry, not gonna drop a thousand questions on you.
Giles
Commander
Commander

Post by Giles »

My sandbox has been broken by this update, if I open battleships forever, and go into sandbox, it lags a lot, and I can't spawn ships, and if I ctrl+s a ship from shipmaker, it doesn't spawn, and the spawn menu has dissapeared.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

My sandbox is also considerably laggier. It -idles- at 25 FPS, when before it would take heavy fighting to even bring it to 29.

Also, there's this;

Oops?

That said, I love the new trail effects.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
XEALMOX
One-Ban Limit

Post by XEALMOX »

any problems with SM compatibilities or anything like that?
"What is it your Borg friends say? Resistance is futile."
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Hmm, for some reason, I can't load any ships out of folders. When I try to click where I want to spawn them, nothing happens, and the cursor acts like I never clicked. Normal in-game ships, from the menu in-sandbox work just fine, but nothing else will load for me. No error report, and when I hit "Esc" to take off the spawn cursor, it goes off just fine.
:?

All said, the new effects are cool :)
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
thacannon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by thacannon »

I'm currently playing campaign and well, there are some weird stuff --- some 'unidentified' units/objects doesn't have displayed stats- unlike other versions.

Also, when spawning Hestia Gamma (and other experimental ships) in sandbox, I can't control them as well as having the blanked out stats.