Battleships Forever Info | 0.90d released 14 Apr

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

Hey, um, forgive me if someone's already mentioned this somewhere in the last 75 pages, as I didn't feel like reading that much, but I keep getting error messages in the latest version, and I could live with most of them, up till this latest one.
Whenever I try to spawn this ship, the game keeps telling me there's an error on lines 4 and 6 regarding image angle or rotangle or something like that. I'm sure you're still working on debugging the game, so could you look into that plz? :mrgreen:

Kane
Commander
Commander

Post by Kane »

WRONG!!!

Go to the bug topic please (couldn't help yelling :wink: )
[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg43/Kane_Lives/BSFS1.jpg[/img]
pwhk
Commander
Commander

Post by pwhk »

I wonder if it is possible to optimize Tesla (at least in non-surfaced mode)? When it fires the games drops to 1 fps in my comp :(
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Tesla has its own set of parameters, some of them affect performance. Try playing with them.
alkorn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by alkorn »

hi im new i just got the game and love it. just looked at wot u can do with ships

im very impresed
god i love this game :-o
Balthazar
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Balthazar »

More newcomers here :) Thanks for the great game! Maybe someday you`ll release it in 3D and it`ll be very nice alternative to homeworld 3 :P
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

GODDAMMIT you shitbirds!! I was thinking there was a new release! :roll:
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Same here! Why do you torment me so!
Besides, most people don't care for introductions.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
PetrifiedGnome
Ensign
Ensign

Post by PetrifiedGnome »

I don't know if someone has already asked this, but, for some reason, when I download v. 90b, the shipmaker is the older version, before v. 90a with all the old weapons and the old interface. Any explanation or help?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

PetrifiedGnome wrote:I don't know if someone has already asked this, but, for some reason, when I download v. 90b, the shipmaker is the older version, before v. 90a with all the old weapons and the old interface. Any explanation or help?
Why people keep posting stuff like this here I just don't get... Did you download this? It should be current, if not are you sure your not installing it wrong and opening up the old version?

*edit* Your right, I wish the troubleshooting thread was still open, but you could post it in its own thread instead of one with a given purpose, just a suggestion. Although if you had downloaded a version that said .90b and was really .89 or something, that would probably be appropriate to put in the bugs thread since its them that would fix it. Read the post above yours to understand the frustration about this post.
Last edited by jwa8402 on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PetrifiedGnome
Ensign
Ensign

Post by PetrifiedGnome »

Where else do I post something like that? This isn't a bug. I downloaded from the Download Page but it had a (2) instead of a (3). Don't ask me...

EDIT: Sorry about that. I'll post in the bugs thread. Thanks for the info.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

New version GET
Go here for hot Hestia-on-Hestia action: http://www.wyrdysm.com/bfdownload.php

Changes:
v0.90c
- Added EMP Torpedo*
- Added Flaregun†
- Fixed target acquisition behaviour for non-rotating HVRs using launch arc to fire homing shots (if you don't get what that means, don't worry)
- Fixed bullet sprite errors for arty/tacnuke/flashbolt
- Fixed burst fields in a number of weapons in SM to default to 1
- Fixed some minor errors in SM
- Added sidebar icons for the weapons (thanks to BizzarreCoyote from the IRC channel for fixing these up!)
- Added three new sounds for the EMP Torpedo, made by cycerin
- Added the ability to paste parameters between modules, including full support for ThrusterEx special settings‡
- Clarified the "thrust" field in Shipmaker to make it more obvious that it controls acceleration
- Tweaked the code for the Vulcan Cannon so that it animates fast enough for it's rate of fire
- Fixed shot spawn positions for the Twin Autocannon and Twin Blaster
*The EMP Torpedo functions like a mix between the Frosch and the Torpedo - it's a slow-moving tracking projectile that stuns the target on impact. The EMP Torpedo's stun duration is fixed, rather than dependent on the target's size.

†The Flaregun launches special armour-cased transmitters that make PD think they're very dangerous targets. The Flaregun is physically incapable of damaging enemy ships itself, but a well placed flare and luck can be all it takes to get a killer torpedo shot in.

‡Works the same way as normal. Select the module you want to transfer parameters from, right click on the module you want to transfer parameters to, and hit the relevant menu option.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Coriolis
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Coriolis »

I love you. Thanks for the update.
Insert wittiness here.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

As a sidenote the parameter pasting for modules is a quick hack, so don't do anything stupid like trying to paste weapon or section parameters to a module. It won't crash or anything, but the module will be all broken and you'll need to restat it.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

Very nice update! Thanks to all who worked on this.