Battleships Forever Info | 0.90d released 14 Apr

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Captain Trek wrote:
th15 did not have much of a hand in a LOT of these changes, Trek. I suggest you pay respects to those who actually worked hard on this shit; ie, Kaelis. Without him there would not be all this stuff in 0.90. Without my curiousity and crazed ideas, there wouldn't be all these awesome new and exciting weapons to play with.

And admittedly, without th15 there wouldn't be BSF. But still.
You know I meant... Christ, you never used to be like this, Arcalane, what has gotten into you? 'Nour days you snap at people at the drop of a hat... It's, actually rather worrying...
Trek, shut the hell up. That wasn't snapping at you, it was Arcalane getting irritated at people like yourself not giving credit where its due. Oh, and trying to lecture him on his attitude won't earn you any points either.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Anna wrote:
Captain Trek wrote:
th15 did not have much of a hand in a LOT of these changes, Trek. I suggest you pay respects to those who actually worked hard on this shit; ie, Kaelis. Without him there would not be all this stuff in 0.90. Without my curiousity and crazed ideas, there wouldn't be all these awesome new and exciting weapons to play with.

And admittedly, without th15 there wouldn't be BSF. But still.
You know I meant... Christ, you never used to be like this, Arcalane, what has gotten into you? 'Nour days you snap at people at the drop of a hat... It's, actually rather worrying...
Trek, shut the hell up. That wasn't snapping at you, it was Arcalane getting irritated at people like yourself not giving credit where its due. Oh, and trying to lecture him on his attitude won't earn you any points either.
I'm also getting bloody tired of stupid questions that are easily answered by using one's eyes, as well as your general attitude/behaviour, Trek. It was slightly snappy, yes, but I could've been a hell of a lot worse.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Perturabo
Commander
Commander

Post by Perturabo »

Is it advisable to uninstall the previous version of BSF, or just use the new installer and patch over whatever I have? Just wondering since quite a bit has changed recently.

Thanks for the new version and all the work you put in, guys. My interest has been renewed where it once was waning!
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Perturabo wrote:Is it advisable to uninstall the previous version of BSF, or just use the new installer and patch over whatever I have? Just wondering since quite a bit has changed recently.

Thanks for the new version and all the work you put in, guys. My interest has been renewed where it once was waning!
Incidentally it still wants to install under the name .89 so it will overwrite if you don't change it. I didn't uninstall it because it had all my old ships in that folder and they seem to be loadable in .90a. It runs just fine with both but might as well delete the old one to save space. I suppose you should save the install file to revert to just in case though.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

New Version Released
Go get: http://www.wyrdysm.com/bfdownload.php

More bugfixes, courtesy of Kaelis. Once again, much thanks to Kaelis and others who deserve far more recognition that they get for making BSF v0.90 come to be.

Changelog:
v90b
-Tesla now works in non-surfaced mode
Fixed: 'Unknown variable tr_ontype' errors with key triggers
Fixed: Transparency does not carry on when mirroring/cloning
Fixed: Custom weapon names returning to defaults when ship is loaded into Shipmaker.
Fixed: Mirroring doesn't unhide hidden sections
Fixed: 'Error in function real()' errors when opening an sb4 with Ship Deployer modules.
Fixed: When mirroring, while sidebar tab is set to ed/ed2/eff, core gets selected but current tab doesn't change/update to reflect change in selection
Fixed: Moving sections do not move ingame
Fixed: Custom bullet sprite not working for some of the new weapons
Fixed: Burst edit field for Torpedo and ShockBeamer listed twice
Fixed: Q and W buttons change depth of sections in preview mode
Fixed: Editing numeric fields while a doodad is selected changes the color of that doodad
Fixed: Link delay, On frames and Off frames parameters do not carry on when mirroring/cloning
Fixed: Certain trigger off actions not working
Fixed: Weapon trigger on actions not working
Fixed: Weapons that haven been put into offline cannot be brought back online
Fixed: 'Unknown variable tr_ppdim1...' and 'Uknown variable id' errors when sections/weapons that have link children and/or link parent are destroyed
Fixed: Trigger on action 1 and Trigger off action 1 get overwiritten with their respective action 2's when opening an sb4
Fixed: 'Unknown variable image_angle'
Fixed: Edit tab for HVRocketLauncher displays a Burst edit field.
Fixed: Incorrect damage on AI controled Sabot Cannon
- Corrected default deviation and range for Demeter Pod
- Disabled depthing on Aegis Module
- ShipDeployer path field summons open file dialog now
- Added toggle for making weapons start offline
- Added setting for sandbox surface size in bfconfig.ini, called 'Sbsurfsize'. The default is 2048, if you have performance problems in sandbox, try lowering it to 1024, for example.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

Nice list of fixes, much appreciated - downloading now!
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Nice fixes, good work guys :D

Just to check, it's ok to just install this on top of 0.90a? Presuming that it will replace all the important files it needs to?
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

Great! More bug fixes are always welcome since it looks my latest project was put on hold by bugs!
Avatarless and proud of it! And being really crazy and screwing everything conventional!
Currently working on:

The largest transforming mecha EVAR!
Aerth Child
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Aerth Child »

I would like to thank you for your immense effort in continuing to improve this amazing game. All of those who have contributed are very much appreciated.
[quote=God]I can see what you're doing, and it's pissing me off![/quote]
DarchZero
Commander
Commander

Post by DarchZero »

Moolah! This IS real game!

Any chance of th15 to release new official ships to be equipped with new official weapons released on this version?

And if there's a chance of th15 to read this post, i have a suggestion. Rather than releasing new .exe installers every version update, i have a better idea. I think it's time for this magnificent game to have a direct server update system, so that we don't need to download 14 megs or more every time another patch is released.

Just a thought.
Died to gatekeeping and mod arrogance
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Most of the new weapons do not have finetuned balance - just very rough pros/cons, so it's unlikely that you'll see them in the campaigns.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Post by Hypothetical Wisdom »

Maybe you could put them on ships and mod them to make them balnced.

User was warned for this post.
Will work for kewl sig/av

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
DarchZero
Commander
Commander

Post by DarchZero »

Arcalane wrote:Most of the new weapons do not have finetuned balance - just very rough pros/cons, so it's unlikely that you'll see them in the campaigns.
But THEM is KEWL! I heard that you contributed in one of the weapons eh? Should be very proud :D I think that 0.90c is coming up pretty early sooner or later.

I'm really waiting for the version 1. 1!!! It will be hella awesome, seeing that 0.90 is abitless than hella awesome
Died to gatekeeping and mod arrogance
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

DarchZero wrote:But THEM is KEWL! I heard that you contributed in one of the weapons eh? Should be very proud :D I think that 0.90c is coming up pretty early sooner or later.

I'm really waiting for the version 1. 1!!! It will be hella awesome, seeing that 0.90 is abitless than hella awesome
Arc made pretty much all the weapons, though not all the sprites.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Marasmusine
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Marasmusine »

Looks like I picked the right time to come back to this game, with all these interesting new developments.
When I first saw the mention of "triggers" and "rotating parts" my first thought was for a ship section to swing forwards protectively when another section is destroyed (maybe like a Warning Forever boss's arm). I don't think this is do-able at the moment, as I can't see anything like a "section destroyed" trigger?
The custom sprites provided are also exciting, but is it the case that I can only import one up at a time? (I tried moving a selection of parts to the "Stock Sections" folder as a workaround. Didn't work :>)
"Z" to bring up the library of parts is a great feature (if it was there before, I must've missed it...)
Many thanks to the team for devoting their time to this project.

Edit: looks like "group arrange" might be sort of what I was looking for.
Signature unavailable for comment.