Battleships Forever Info | 0.90d released 14 Apr

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Elukka
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Elukka »

If i didn't have a math exam next morning, i'd try this right now. :(

Awesome work!
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

WOOT!

Darn you Cycerin. :lol:
duestchland1
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by duestchland1 »

Downloading NOW!!! :D
Don't taze me bro! :lol:
seriously Uber Tazer.
I lost my avatar because I made it too big.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

The F1 manual said to return to the forums for a full explanation of all features. I assume that includes move and rotate commands, which are giving me trouble. Where could I find that?

Also, amazing update. This is just to awesome.
Kane
Commander
Commander

Post by Kane »

The new version is commanding me to come back! :D
[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg43/Kane_Lives/BSFS1.jpg[/img]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

FIREST0RM000 wrote:The F1 manual said to return to the forums for a full explanation of all features. I assume that includes move and rotate commands, which are giving me trouble. Where could I find that?
There will be a new forum section for that soon; patience.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

There will be a new forum section for that soon; patience.
will do. I'll try to contain myself until then.
Artman40
Commander
Commander

Post by Artman40 »

Wohoo! Never expected that! :)

Guess it's better if we see some sample ship files with new features.
BizzarreCoyote
Commander
Commander

Post by BizzarreCoyote »

Wait, so those weren't BSF2 screens?

Woah...
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/bizzarecoyote][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/bizzarecoyote.png[/img][/url]
kronos10
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kronos10 »

OH MY GOD Thats the exact thing i said when i saw the BF Version 0.90
man Th5 you rock i have advanced a bit in shipbuilding so its gonna be awesome.

I bet Anna is gonna be the first to own our ships with this new toy...
We can't stand against Anna´s ships anyways :D
Anyways tesla creates real LAG and im using a 4 Core computer nice job and i am definitly looking forward to version 1.00 and hopefully version 2.00 :lol:
Good luck and Good Work ,Bye
THIS IS SPARTA
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

This is perfect! Thanks very much!

A bit disappointed without sb3 file support with the ship maker, at least could have been able to import section orientation and positional data :/

I hope there are performance optimisations. Quad core and a decent HD4850 graphics card this game still lagged on a moderately sized custom fleet. If not then I look forward to some optimisations in future versions.

I don't want to sound negative. I am very positive. Thanks again!
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Right now we're mostly pushing content into a weak game engine to make the game more expansive. Performance won't pick up until there's a new engine, eg. BSF 2
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

BizzarreCoyote wrote:Wait, so those weren't BSF2 screens?

Woah...
Nope. Though comparitively, I suppose you could call this version BSF2 if you really wanted to. It's different enough. ;)
kronos10 wrote:OH MY GOD Thats the exact thing i said when i saw the BF Version 0.90
Hey, don't give him all the credit. I made most of the weapons (well, codeside, graphics were donated by other members of the community) and Kaelis did so much of the serious shit here (rotating, moving, etc.) that it's not funny. Kudos to cycerin for providing a number of weapon sound effects too. :)
kronos10 wrote:I bet Anna is gonna be the first to own our ships with this new toy...
Anyways tesla creates real LAG and im using a 4 Core computer nice job and i am definitly looking forward to version 1.00 and hopefully version 2.00 :lol:
Tesla is hard to refine and streamline. We did our best to tune the default specs down, but it can't get much less laggier without serious business tweaking of the draw code.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
kronos10
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kronos10 »

kronos10 wrote:OH MY GOD Thats the exact thing i said when i saw the BF Version 0.90
Hey, don't give him all the credit. I made most of the weapons (well, codeside, graphics were donated by other members of the community) and Kaelis did so much of the serious shit here (rotating, moving, etc.) that it's not funny. Kudos to cycerin for providing a number of weapon sound effects too. :)
kronos10 wrote:I bet Anna is gonna be the first to own our ships with this new toy...
Tesla is hard to refine and streamline. We did our best to tune the default specs down, but it can't get much less laggier without serious business tweaking of the draw code.

Oh then congrats to you too then because i loved it how there are over 100 sections i think and the weapons were real great too i just didnt like how it didnt support sb3. files i lost all of my previous work and i won't be able to continue i was working on a behemoth had made 1/4 of it perfectly but i think i understand what you mean by the tesla.

It just gets a bit frustrating how i can run Crysis on Very High and theres almost never lag and how i run battleships forever horribly isnt that ironic?
THIS IS SPARTA
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

We had to move to sb4 for a lot of reasons, but chief among them is forward compatability - sb4 is far less prone to compatability breaks than sb3 thanks to a more streamlined and reliable file structure, although not completely devoid of them.

Most of the sections were created by Kaelis that I can recall, although many were collected from the old section suggestion/submission threads too.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ