Battleships Forever Info | 0.90d released 14 Apr

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Okay guys, new version is up, go get it!
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Although most of the changes (Moria X weapons load out, animated icons, main menu AI) have been positive, utill you get the kinks iorned out I think it's best we stick with BF version 0.66 and SM 1.6 for the moment...
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

I'm working on adding more weapons to the mix right now, heres a sneak peek:

Weasel Gun: Fires a plasma bolt that swings from side to side, making it hard to intercept, furthermore, upon destruction, the bolt splits into three smaller ones.

Shock Beamer: A short-ranged laser that does more damage the longer you charge it. At maximum charge it will do 250% the damage of a normal Beamer per frame. At normal charge it will hurt the same as a normal Beamer.
Major Diarrhia
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Major Diarrhia »

How do you make the Maker autoload to the game and how do you fire the special laser that you mentioned?
[url=http://battleshipsforeverships.googlepages.com/]Battleships Forever Ships[/url]
[url=http://majordiarrhia.googlepages.com/]Sword of the Stars Mods[/url]
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

In the Ship Maker press Ctrl-S, it will save the ship then ask you to point to the Battleships Forever .exe file. Then it will launch the game into sandbox mode with the cship created.

The Shock Beamer isn't in the game yet.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

I think he was asking how the shock beamer will be charged, now how you charge it currently (after all, it isn't in the game yet)...

You know, the shock beamer kind of sounds like the weapon the 'warp rays' from Starcraft II use. The weasel gun kind of sound like the MIRV missiles from Starfleet Battles/Starfleet Command...
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Don't worry, while the Shock Beamer has probably been done before, I'm pretty sure there's nothing like the Weasel.

New Version Release
Get it here: http://www.yoyogames.com/games/launch/1425

Say hi to all the new ships!

The Peitho is an fast (for a Battleship anyways) and tough Battleship. It's section arrangement allows it to make the most of its Deflectors to function as a mobile bunker.

The Tmolus is the new long-range bombardment Destroyer equipped with a brand new experimental weapon: the Weasel Gun. This gun fires a large primary bolt of excited plasma that meanders its way towards the target at high speed, making it a very difficult projectile to intercept. On impact, the bolt splits into three small bolts that curl around the target, hitting vulnerable sections on the other side. The Weasel is designed to defeat Deflectors by impacting on the Deflected section and having the small bolts go around and hit the vulnerable sections behind.

The Oenone Delta is now armed with the Shock Beamer. This is a normal Beamer with extra capacitors tacked on. Fired at a normal rate, it does rather poorly. However, given time to charge, the Shock Beamer expends it's charge in a powerful burst that does incredible damage. Smaller enemy craft are vapourized outright.

Finally, the Enyo and Athena have been given new weapon loadouts. They now have Railguns. Railguns project a tight stream of ferrous liquid at the target doing high damage per shot. The nature of the weapon makes it extremely effective at destroying turrets, doing 500% damage to any weapons it hits. It is also non-interceptable (since it's a stream of liquid anyway).

As usual, some bugs have been fixed, some glitches tweaked.

Enyo firing its Railguns

Tmolus and the new Oenone Delta ripping a Pirate Battleship a new one.
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

ooooohhh......... do we get these weapons in the creator yet??
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Eh, no haven't done the shipmaker integration yet.

I released this version because I need you guys to test it. I need a stable version to submit to an indie games showcase competition.
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

The railguns are awesome. I love the balancing of the ships, they all have thier uses and there are no overlaps now.
Game_boy

Post by Game_boy »

...I'm in awe...
[b]Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.[/b]
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

Can we have scalable weapons and core in the editor please.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

At least the Oenone delta does something useful now... :lol:
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

The plan is to allow you to modify some weapon attributes on an individual basis in the Ship Maker. This would allow you to make special weapons like the aft Beamer on the Oenone (which has enhanced turn rate).
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Or the enchanced turn rate on the Proteus' weapons, yes...