BSF 2 suggestion topic.

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

XEALMOX
One-Ban Limit

Post by XEALMOX »

maybe a last used button(like the last section you made(with all changes saved and on the next dept,also usable for weapons and modules) so that you won't have to keep on typing like crazy to make a good ship
"What is it your Borg friends say? Resistance is futile."
Skasi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Skasi »

uhm.. I'd like to see the multi player part of BSF2 being linked with the web browser..

It needs to feature everything from simple stuff like a list of available servers to server-related things like a shot of the map. Additional support for teams of big wars (like in - say: Savage, or Allegiance), clans, etc. would do pretty fine too. :D

If it's allowed to be complex, then I'd also like to be able to interact with these current running games with an account that links games and the browser together to support an epic battle between two or more factions over different systems in a big universe. (so these factions fight for domination just like in the old world conquest part of "C&C: Tiberian Sun", "Planet Wars" of the Spring mod "Complete Annihilation", "Planetside", Allegiance, etc.)

uhm.. and if all this would be perfected with its own rank system and eh.. stuff like that, it would be genius! :roll:

P.S.: I have some little knowledge of SQL/PHP and bigger one of HTML/CSS, if needed. :P
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Skasi wrote:uhm.. I'd like to see the multi player part of BSF2 being linked with the web browser..
A Shockwave game? :shock: :twisted:
Skasi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Skasi »

of course not..
apotheosi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by apotheosi »

how 'bout splitter missiles? a turret shoots a missile out, missile moves on for a bit then it breaks open and little baby missiles fly out and strike a single target.
in insanity, everything makes sense.
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

Nuke mines and make planets destructible like meteors :D great for sieges

Edit: Armor types so fighters are lest likely to damage a battleship e.g battleship class armor resistance vs fighter type equals 50% meaning fighter damage is halved. And make some weapons work better or worse on some types of armor by using types e.g Beams vs Energy resistance armor. Some weapons doing more damage than others against certain armors e.g mega beam 60% energy damage, mining beam 20% damage, Autocannon 50% ballistic, machine gun 20% etc vs Reactive armor 80% ballistic resist, 20% energy resist etc

To simplify the stats multiply the base damage by that percent, the armors resist divide by that amount etc

Please try this if you can but you don't have to I will be grateful though

Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy.
Artman40
Commander
Commander

Post by Artman40 »

apotheosi wrote:how 'bout splitter missiles? a turret shoots a missile out, missile moves on for a bit then it breaks open and little baby missiles fly out and strike a single target.
See Gosling Launcher.

That armor type idea is kind of complicated.

How about a Point Defense Beam which would have an ability to weaken the enemy beams by 70% by shooting at them? Thus default radius of Point Defense Beam could be very limited.
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Post by Hypothetical Wisdom »

:idea: :idea: :idea: Ok, here's a kewl idea :idea: :idea: :idea:

A module that projects a hologrammic copy of the ship that it's on. The ghost ships that this would make can be commanded like normal ships, and will distract the turrets on enemy ships. They can fire their weapons just like normal ships, but the shots do no damage. And when the ships get hit, maybe they can flicker or something when hit, and the enemy shots pass through instead of colliding (no ghost ship sheilds). You could take your pick of limitations, as well. For example, the phantom ships can only move a certain distance from the projector, or the projector can only handle a certain number of ships at a time, or a certain number of sections. And of course, the ships would disappear when the module is destroyed. ou could even make another module that could be used to expose these ghost ships by right clicking on them or something.
Will work for kewl sig/av

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Hypothetical Wisdom wrote::idea: :idea: :idea: Ok, here's a kewl idea :idea: :idea: :idea:

A module that projects a hologrammic copy of the ship that it's on. The ghost ships that this would make can be commanded like normal ships, and will distract the turrets on enemy ships. They can fire their weapons just like normal ships, but the shots do no damage. And when the ships get hit, maybe they can flicker or something when hit, and the enemy shots pass through instead of colliding (no ghost ship sheilds). You could take your pick of limitations, as well. For example, the phantom ships can only move a certain distance from the projector, or the projector can only handle a certain number of ships at a time, or a certain number of sections. And of course, the ships would disappear when the module is destroyed. ou could even make another module that could be used to expose these ghost ships by right clicking on them or something.
So... Visual Countermeasures is what you're saying. LOL.
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Umm.. :? Yeah, I think so :lol:

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
Perturabo
Commander
Commander

Post by Perturabo »

Don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, and I'm sure it wouldn't be easy to implement, but ramming / boarding actions would be badass in long battles.
A melee type section or wepon could take care of the ramming, and boarding could possibly be done in a way where it takes a certain amount of time attached to an enemy ship, and then that ship is either destroyed or taken over. Larger ships would take longer, etc.

@Dommbringer's idea: There would be nothing stopping people from just putting "Battleship" armor on a Fighter sized ship, besides the honor system.

Also, the encounter system could use some love.
When in deadly danger, When beset by doubt, Run in little circles, Wave your arms and shout
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

You can simulate ramming by adding weapons that shoot invisible bullets and making them constantly fire with some trigger.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Kaelis wrote:You can simulate ramming by adding weapons that shoot invisible bullets and making them constantly fire with some trigger.
That beats my idea. I was gonna say place high-damage, short range turrets at key locations, but that works even better.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

That's a pretty kewl idea. Elaborating on my holo-cloner idea (this really isn't related to the other thing much, but anyway...), how about a cloaking device? I know you can already do that with key trigger alpha fades, but you can't use that on the core, so a module would be a way to actually make that work. Plus, it'd be a heck of a lot easier than going through and setting the triggers for every section of your ship, especially big ships.

Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

I know that this is kind of a given, but the new version needs the two new missions that the career menu seems to have promised us. :)