BSF 2 suggestion topic.

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

david1985
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by david1985 »

May I suggest, (If not already suggested) a certain module\weapon which has the ability to board, or give temporary\permanent control of an enemy ship?
Dragoon
Ensign
Ensign

BSF2

Post by Dragoon »

True invisibility
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

The ability to set starting heading and speed to the ship deployer. (Ever watched BSG?)
VictimOfPepperoni
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by VictimOfPepperoni »

When a multiplayer mode is added, shipmaker limits for multiplayer mode. Like there is a section amount limit, there must be a balance between weapons, handling and health. Of course, there will be a limit for total weapon strength, health etc.

Also, a "galactic conquest" style persistent MMO-like multiplayer mode. I know it has been mentioned before, but it would be awesome if there were things like player owned factions, where players can form and join alliances with other factions, set up trade routes, engage interplanetary war (that's logical :roll: ), search for artifacts and unlock special weapons, raise in levels, perform quests. A bit like the metagame existing currently, but in real-time.
Oh well.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/snipperbes][img]http://filesmelt.com/Imagehosting/pics/11410603a2c6fe76b545728022b3c129.jpg[/img][/url]
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

VictimOfPepperoni wrote:When a multiplayer mode is added, shipmaker limits for multiplayer mode. Like there is a section amount limit, there must be a balance between weapons, handling and health. Of course, there will be a limit for total weapon strength, health etc.

Or both parties could just make a ship that would mean MAD thus enforcing fair play or obliteration of both fleets without a winner.
Or you could of course stay away from the noobs.
Jokarun
Commander
Commander

Post by Jokarun »

VictimOfPepperoni wrote:
Also, a "galactic conquest" style persistent MMO-like multiplayer mode. I know it has been mentioned before, but it would be awesome if there were things like player owned factions, where players can form and join alliances with other factions, set up trade routes, engage interplanetary war (that's logical :roll: ), search for artifacts and unlock special weapons, raise in levels, perform quests. A bit like the metagame existing currently, but in real-time.
Except the obvious coding related things,
Who would pay for the servers needed to do this?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Better idea would be to have a balancer that ensures relative balance. Allows people to play together no matter what balance schemes they use, so long as they both use the same one... or they can just turn it off altogether, if they want.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

I just remembered something I was going to suggest but forgot to:

The AI options for the ships should have two components: attack and movement. That way we could have ships with combo AI modes like "Flanking Broadside" where the ship moves to flank enemies but faces them sideways, etc.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

As I recall, Broadside AI doesn't work anyway.

I second the motion for preset heading and speed from ship deployer, but lets add what range they should switch from movement to AI control. For example, fighters shoot straight out for a range of 600, then flanking AI kicks in and they swing around to attack the ship the just flew around.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Actually I had the idea that one would launch the fighters at a speed higher than their max and they'd decelerate afterwards.

Oh and some sort of orbiting AI (or something like that).
Like a cross between flanking and broadside; The ship would face the target with it's side but I'd fly around in circles instead just going for the arse.

Oh and a module that could power modules on other ships (and the ability to link guns and modules.)
Oh. Limited ammo (optional of course).
Last edited by Nutcase on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarchZero
Commander
Commander

Post by DarchZero »

Arcalane wrote:Better idea would be to have a balancer that ensures relative balance. Allows people to play together no matter what balance schemes they use, so long as they both use the same one... or they can just turn it off altogether, if they want.
Then we could really play the metagame online, and somebody gets to play the Rebels :D or probably Syrmans instead :cool:

Relative balance could work, but it couldn't measure REAL ship balance except based on integers like ship size, section sprite size, weapon fire rates and damages and clipsize. That's gonna need a long looooooong equation of balancing. Meanwhile, designs do matter for ships of certain purposes e.g: Ablativeship, drillramcruiser, gigantic lightning cannon of a ship.

That cost me 2 cents.

EDIT: After checking previous pages, i found another suggestion popping up on my mind. How about importing backgrounds to be available? With that function, the limits of shipmaking designs are now close-to-endless! Imagine a sandcraft soaring thru the deserts of Minfak, just right before a gigantic Aarkrayt popped out from the nearby sanddune, all spikes blazing towards the unwary pilot! (Credits to Kaelis's Mecha sections, Splinter sections, Alien sections, th15's original sections and the idea of background importing)
That's all.
Died to gatekeeping and mod arrogance
VictimOfPepperoni
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The ability to switch between AI modes of a certain ship while in-game. Also more AI types, but it's kinda hard suggesting such.
Oh well.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/snipperbes][img]http://filesmelt.com/Imagehosting/pics/11410603a2c6fe76b545728022b3c129.jpg[/img][/url]
Invasion captain
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Invasion captain »

You can do that .Select the ship and than pres L
VictimOfPepperoni
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Jokarun wrote: Except the obvious coding related things,
Who would pay for the servers needed to do this?

Maybe, but that's just an idea, there could be the option that player's computers act like a sub-server: The player hosts its own game. If this could be integrated without too much memory use. Then MMO would be possible without having to raise paid multiplayer subscriptions due to server costs.
Oh well.

AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

VictimOfPepperoni wrote:
Maybe, but that's just an idea, there could be the option that player's computers act like a sub-server: The player hosts its own game. If this could be integrated without too much memory use. Then MMO would be possible without having to raise paid multiplayer subscriptions due to server costs.
but that would mean people could cheat, editing the information the computer acting as a server sends out, and could so gain an unfair advantage.

anyways, another suggestion for BSF2 would be a guide ''level'' for first time users of the Ship Builder, so people can learn how to do most of the things without having to resort to posting on the forums, it can obviously be skipped.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!