BSF 2 suggestion topic.

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Heh, good points th15 - I hadn't thought of the fire arc thing...
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

For Shipmaker make a custom explosion/impact option and a impact color blending because theres custom projectiles but you can't change the impact effects like switching the torpedoes explosion to the one used by a Tac nuke launcher.
Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

Is it already possible to make a weapon that pulls and pushes things without making damage?
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

Custom cores FTW.
I'd like an option in the "change core" menu to import a core sprite so we can make little 1- or 2-section ships.
AllStarZ
Captain
Captain

Post by AllStarZ »

I think this has been suggested dozens of times before, but I'll say it again:

Boarding attacks.

That is, attempting to capture an enemy vessel by sending soldiers to it.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

I would like a option to where you can make your ships jump out, Also as a weapon i would like a weapon that operates on the princaples of frosch guns but creats a giant omnidirectional wave that "shocks" enemy ships and they lose a variety of systems and possibly blow up. Another option i would enjoy is section reparenting upon destruction. (figures below)
.............. /-section b-\
-section a-..................-section d- section d is parented to b so if B is
.............. \-section c-/ is destroyed d is gone but with this option if b is destroyed d is automatically parent to c.

Also if please recode BSF on a new engine :D
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Custom Terrain import in Sandbox., so we can place Earths and the like.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Superpsychol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Superpsychol »

I'm sorry if some of those sound a bit repetitive, but those are the things I'd be glad to see in the BSF2:

-Ability to set more than one parent for section (two or three)
-Ability to create some sort of custom weapons by choosing, which special rules should it apply to (like, exploding missile, or splitting blaster)
-Ability to make a whole set of ships into one "fleet", allowing to set ships' costs', and choose ships in a similar manner that we did it in the skirmish (I think it would be a handy thing in multiplayer).
-Special boosters with limited energy/fuel, that upon turning on allows ships to move a little faster (upon destroying it won't hinder ship movement, but it won't be that useful normally - yet, it'll bring a bigger strategic factor to movement capabilities).
-Bomb sections (detonate upon ships' destruction, they would simulate reactor/engine/ammunition stock, and it will give a little bonus to those ships that are so slow they are being killed by fighters).
-Some kind of anti-beam armour (other that 1 rare device, there's no additional defence against them).
-Direct AoE (Area of Effect) weapons, which won't fire in any particular direction, but will instead create an enemy-damaging field.
-Ship spawning device with time limit (after some time spawned ships explode/disappear).
-Creating weapon libraries (making sections from scratch is ok, but making the same weapon on a few ships gets boring because of the number of parameters).
Of couse, if something isn't possible to implement due to the new engine, then so be it...
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

AllStarZ wrote:Boarding attacks.
This should be pretty easy to set up, seeing as it already exists for Career mode (it is used in Slaughterhouse, for one).

I might also like to see a Mine Deployer that drops limpet mines (see my Limpet Mines thread for more info) and/or a gun that fires mine-like projectiles that stick to enemy hulls and explode after a short delay.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

VNilla wrote:
This should be pretty easy to set up, seeing as it already exists for Career mode (it is used in Slaughterhouse, for one).
Isn't slaughterhouse the mission where you have to defend your bases while blowing up the pirates'. I don't remember boarding in that one.

I'd like to see some sort of nanomatrix on steroids that could rebuild destroyed sections (If you give it a lot of time of course).
And having multiple colours on a section(random-you would only define which colours and how much you want there and the game would randomize it).
Would probably make a nice way to make rust and stuff.
Example: Primary colour: Gray Secondary colour1: Some sort of red Sec. col.2: etc
Last edited by Nutcase on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

slaughterhouse is the campaign mission where you take control of damaged craft. However, that is NOT an actual in-game feature I believe, but rather something that th15 manually scripted (I could be wrong, but...)
so, uh... yah
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Um no.
I just checked: That's graveyard. Slaughterhouse is the one before that where you have unlimited ships. At least in my game that is...
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

VNilla wrote:
No, that was custom-scripted. :roll:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

A boarding crew cannon? Capture the "EMPed" ships?
"I want to have that Leviathan! :P (C) my friend

Still I think it would be better to have some sort of a way to connect a couple of beamers\teslas at some Weapon to give it N% bonus to something.
*Imagines a tesla supported by 9 more teslas....and the Overcharge bonus...*
deathbal101
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by deathbal101 »

a 'snap to grid' option in shipbuilder, if there is not already one. and maybe collision for ships, no more overlapping. also, explosives, like to could strap a bunch of them to a ship meant for suicide bombing.
*in-joke*
"The Cake Is A Lie"
- God
// reality = 1