v0.90a Bug Report Thread

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Custom weapon names returning to defaults when ship is re-loaded into Shipmaker.

Edit: Changed 'not appearing' to 'returning to defaults' in order to clarify.
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Windows ctrl key is held still when ship maker launches BS.

Aegis shield with depthing is still very buggy. Produces errors in form of either misplaced or missing shield; or error dialogue in BF or missing parenting line in ship maker.

Changing orientation of a booster module in ship maker has no effect due to it's targeting capability.
Last edited by AnnihilatorX on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artman40
Commander
Commander

Post by Artman40 »

When in direct control mode, you can't zoom in or out. When exiting direct control mode, it zooms automatically to the level you zoomed in direct control mode.

Oh...and somehow I managed to start adding doodads to the core. I think you should be able to do this by default, not indirectly!
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

For section with animation that moves after a rotation with respect to a parent origin, the absolute target position and angle settings are no longer accurate.

e.g. section at (30,0) rotate 90 degrees CW about (0,0) becomes (0,-30). If you want it then to move to -30,-30, you can't specify in ED2 for the move to be -30,-30. It will move off in some other direction after rotation.

EDIT:
I found out how it works.
Not so much as a bug, may be useful to note it in future documentations.
The setting for direction is the target angle facing + rotation angle. So in the above example the correct setting for movement angle would be (270 + 90) mod 360 = 0.
But the target X and Y is before rotation and not to be trusted in such case.
ODST
Commander
Commander

Post by ODST »

You get an error if you open a ship with a ship deployer on it. You can ignore it with no issues.
for object obj_sidebar:

Error in function real().

Also, selecting the ship deployer will set its ship field to 0.
[img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/6102/odstsigbi9.jpg[/img]
Draco18s
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Draco18s »

Draco18s wrote:
FIREST0RM000 wrote:
I can't seem to locate the reason why they won't move. Triggers are not used.
is movement enabled?
Yes. :roll: It moves just fine in Preview.
I was asked to post my sb4.
Here it is.
Not the one I was actually working with, but I believe it is an identical copy (I copied the file on Thursday morning so I could show a friend).
Artman40
Commander
Commander

Post by Artman40 »

Oh...and when taking a direct control of the ship, I'm able to penetrate the (side) borders of the screen by gently approaching the border and then slamming into it!
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

Min and max target sizes don't work.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

The tool-tip for bullet speed in SM still says something about percentages.

not really a glitch, but thruster EX's don't activate based on rotation. looks sort of odd when a ship rotates with no visible thrust. also, when decelerating, forward thrusters should be firing, not rear.

I'll post any other tool-tip bugs here.
Last edited by FIREST0RM000 on Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Only old weapons can have their projectiles changed to custom sprites,new weapons will revert to default projectiles when in game.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Weapons and modules are by default shown above all sections and doodads, but you can toggle depthing on them by pressing W while a weapon or doodad is selected. This will make them behave like doodads in regards to depth.
Minor mistype in the F1 help guide.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

If an allied ship in sandbox mode skirmish is destroyed,the mission will end with a 'Mission failed,Your fleet has been destroyed' prompt.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

there are lots of exploits with DC mode. for example, while the game is paused, your ship can still move + rotate, as well as deploy your key command based triggers.
Draco18s
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Draco18s »

FIREST0RM000 wrote:there are lots of exploits with DC mode. for example, while the game is paused, your ship can still move + rotate, as well as deploy your key command based triggers.
And recharge energy in modules.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

Demeter drones have 1000 deviation and 0 range :?

Burst also seems to be a little screwed up. 16?