BSF 2 suggestion topic.

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

LukeRM wrote:
T-002 wrote: Yo dawg, I herd u liek Dieterlings, so we put a Dieterling in yo Dieterling, so u can warp while u warp
Fixed.
Thank God someone knows it. At least I don't look like a complete retard now.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Morgion
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Morgion »

Besides that broadside-thing in my last post (which I'd really like to see gone in BSF 2), I've got some new ideas. The first is a "main cannon" -sort of weapon.
A big gun that fires large, explosive, really fast shells. There's no way to recreate anything like that in the whole game, and I'd really like some for some of my broadside ships.
Another thing I'd like to see is having Demeters fighting enemy Demeters first and the ships themselves second. ATM it looks stupid when the fighters you release ignore their enemy counterparts attacking the very ship they just slep on last "night" and rush to the enemy ship.
"Oh look, fellas, those bad guys are shooting our lovely carrier's weapons to pieces! Well, I guess those dudes manning the flak turrets know their job. Now lets get to those muthaf--ers mothership and beat their shit up as bad!"
"Um, Leader, our ship doesn't have flak at all!"
"It doesn't? Oh well, what do you know."
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Morgion wrote:A big gun that fires large, explosive, really fast shells.
Mod a plasma charge to have increased speed and explosion size.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

A toggle that allows you to set any turret to act as PD.

Option to force the AI of the ship to always attempt to face the enemy at all times.(normal AI has a annoying habit of facing the general direction of the enemy but pointing several degrees off center)
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

SHAD0Wdump wrote:A toggle that allows you to set any turret to act as PD.
This would be cool. Anti-missile missiles, beamers cutting whole volleys down...
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
AllStarZ
Captain
Captain

Post by AllStarZ »

The ability to disable or recolour core thrust. Or to simply have no thrust from core at all.
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

AllStarZ wrote:The ability to disable or recolour core thrust. Or to simply have no thrust from core at all.
This.

I think the details and edges of sections look better when they are darker than the rest of the section, maybe this could be looked into?
AllStarZ
Captain
Captain

Post by AllStarZ »

Drones that can hit projectiles.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Parenting based on a hit-test of the other sections. Still keep around parenting for floating sections.
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

Morgion wrote:Another thing I'd like to see is having Demeters fighting enemy Demeters first and the ships themselves second. ATM it looks stupid when the fighters you release ignore their enemy counterparts attacking the very ship they just slep on last "night" and rush to the enemy ship.
<snip>
That would be because Demeters are drones, and, hence, did not sleep the previous "night". :|
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
AllStarZ
Captain
Captain

Post by AllStarZ »

Modifying thruster profiles. For example, instead of the little puffs of blue, perhaps you would streak or simply glow.

Turret arc adjustment. Like say, you can set a turret to fire either directly ahead or 45 degrees to the side.

Proper fixed emplacements.
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

How about the ability to re-route the power from one module to another so that it will charge faster. Or the ability to manage power, so you can make one system more powerful at the expense of other systems (Stronger shields and weapons at the expense of slower speed and less maneuverability, faster ships at the expense of weaker weapons and shields and etc.)?
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

bien4500 wrote:How about the ability to re-route the power from one module to another so that it will charge faster. Or the ability to manage power, so you can make one system more powerful at the expense of other systems (Stronger shields and weapons at the expense of slower speed and less maneuverability, faster ships at the expense of weaker weapons and shields and etc.)?
It'd be cool for the odd dreadnought, but imagine trying to do that with, say, twelve ships at once. :P
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
XEALMOX
One-Ban Limit

Post by XEALMOX »

...maybe only on vessels with a special core/module
"What is it your Borg friends say? Resistance is futile."
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Agreed.