BSF 2 suggestion topic.

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

ODST wrote:This would make multiplayer tournaments much easier to manage.
Our current multiplayer tournaments are currently based on a considerably strict point system, FYI, and we only use stock weapons and stock sections. Though it's much more of a hassle I still have this nagging feeling that your ship ranking system can and will be abused. We'll find a loophole somehow. :P

Oh and welcome to Wyrdysm Forums.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Darlos9D
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Darlos9D »

One of my suggestions, after messing with the editor for a while, is for there to be a difference between a weapon's range at which it starts firing, and how far the shots themselves actually fly. That way one could create a somewhat more realistic bullet weapon with high-lifetime shots, but due to its "spray" tendencies you can set a more sensible range at which it knows it can be fired accurately.

Reading this thread, I think I saw something suggested to this effect already. Just not in such detail.

Also, as a general game play complaint: less asteroids please. Such masses of small asteroids is both annoying and unrealistic. Really, if asteroids were to be involved in combat, it would be something more to the effect of a single, large, stationary obstacle, as opposed to a bunch of small ones. And this obstacle might not damage you if you don't hit it at high speeds. It also might come apart piece-by-piece much like the ships, rather than simply splitting in half after taking so much damage.

The implication here is that while random small asteroids might not come randomly flying onto the battlefield, one could intentionally blast chunks off of the large asteroid to achieve a similar effect, preferably in such a manner as to where they fly into the enemy.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke
Panda
Ensign
Ensign

Layering

Post by Panda »

I'd love to see the shipbuilder use a layering system, much like Flash.

Shipbuilder kinda uses it with the Depth, but it would be great to select the option only seeing everything from a certain depth downwards. I think it would be pretty helpful, and ridiculously useful.
Its out of your hands, But not out of reach.
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Erm. Integrate SMH and the Ship Maker mod's features into the normal Ship Maker?
ianfreddie07
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ianfreddie07 »

Hmmm...

An alien weapon (preferably a beam) which drains the HP of a section and heals part of your ship.
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

ianfreddie07 wrote:Hmmm...

An alien weapon (preferably a beam) which drains the HP of a section and heals part of your ship.
It would be pointless to have an enemy that heals you. Maybe if you put it on one of your ships it would work. But otherwise, no.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

he means a "vampire beam", ship one is damaged, and has this beam, fires at ship two, ship two gets damaged, ship one repaires.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

he means a "vampire beam", ship one is damaged, and has this beam, fires at ship two, ship two gets damaged, ship one repaires.
expanding on this idea, how about a module that can steal power from enemy modules, and give it to one of yours? also, perhaps a module that collects all the damage done to your ship in a certain amount of time, and when that time is up, releases it to damage enemy ships in an effect similar to a driver wave? could also make it have the targeting ability to only absorb damage from a few or one section.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

FIREST0RM000 wrote:
also, perhaps a module that collects all the damage done to your ship in a certain amount of time, and when that time is up, releases it to damage enemy ships in an effect similar to a driver wave? could also make it have the targeting ability to only absorb damage from a few or one section.
Hmm, would be interesting only if it worked with beamers. Perhaps some sort of drawback, perhaps disabling your shield systems when it fired.
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
vulstar
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by vulstar »

- making ship parts have a 2nd masterd part possible.

(so when you have 2 rows of blocks and 1 part in the middle breaks that not the whole row has to collapse but it makes the 2nd row master of these blocks)

-Make blocks be rotating in the game and also the blocks and weapons that are connected with it.

(so you could make things that looks like claws or flying wings or rotating platforms)

- Make a laser sword like weapon that has a 2 cm long always active laser that does big dmg when it hits thru the enemy ship.

(like spikes thats on the hull roaming thru the armor when it collosions with the enemy)

- And what about a module that heals the power of other modules like the way the healing block heals ship parts but then for power.

- And what about a spawnpoint on big ships that makes them able to spawn some smalls ships. Like there is a hangar with 10 small fighters in it.

(so that would be like you add a spawn point, you add the name of the ship it would spawn from there and in wich direction with the ship, and the createdelay between each spawn,(there should also be a setting like startingclipsize that makes the number of ships that can spawn on the start, the reloadspeed for creating new ships at a moment, and a reloadclipsize for how many ships there are created on the reload))
(so like a weapon that can shoot 10 bolts at the first time, but afther that only shoots 1 bolt at a time)
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

For the BSF 2 Shipmaker: Group Streching and Shrinking
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
X-14
Commander
Commander

Post by X-14 »

yes.... this is a good idea. but i can`t wait for BSF2. I have a lot of problem with the mode. -_-
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Something minor, but would be helpful. The ability to specify a certain file path to where the screenshots are saved, rather than scattering them around the BSF folder.
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

Idea for a new module: We need a jump drive jamming module (dieterling jammer). basically, any ship inside the module's range would be unable to jump, and no ship would be able to jump to a location inside module's range either. also, the module could have separate ranges for both, or each function could be a different module.
Last edited by FIREST0RM000 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Unless it blocks Dieterlings, such a module is utterly useless. :?
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ