What I'm Doing Now

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

th15
Administrator

What I'm Doing Now

Post by th15 »

I need to clarify something about what's going on with BSF and Carpe Universum right now.

Some of you seem to think that me working on CU means that nothing is happening for BSF. That's simply not true.

The plan for BSF is to work with the company I'm working for now (www.mikoishi.com) to develop a sequel of the game in a more... professional language than Game Maker. This is something I can't do because I'm just not that good a programmer.

The hold up is that Mikoishi has a fixed amount of bandwidth in terms of projects that we can produce at one time.

I assure you that we are working on BSF2, we haven't started actually developing the game yet but there are a million other things that need to be done in pre-production for a game.

The aim is to deliver as good a game as possible at the end, and good games simply cannot be rushed.

So, while I'm we're preparing to ramp up into BSF2, I've been working on CU in my own time. Trust me when I say that progress on BSF2 is already going as fast as it can and anything I do with CU (or any other project) will not affect progress on BSF2.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

I take it this "Theatre" platform for game networking is going to be used in BSF2?
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

I am aware that this is probably futile, but id like to ask a few questions:

1) What does Mikoshi think about BSF? What are its plans?
2) Except the info youve already given, do you have any concepts, ideas, plans or specifics for BSF2 that you could share with us?
3) Do you/Mikoshi intend on updating us on development and/or generally getting closer with current BSF community?
4) What is your position at Mikoshi?
5) What will happen to BSF1? Is there any chance that you could share the source?
6) Do you need any help?
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

The plan for BSF is to work with the company I'm working for now
since you are developing the game with said company, does that mean there isn't much point in the wish list anymore, or is anything there actually being considered?
"any problem can be solved with a gratuitous enough use of high explosives" Normandy
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

And how much money will the company inevitably be taking from our pockets?
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

TormakSaber wrote:And how much money will the company inevitably be taking from our pockets?
For good reason >.>
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Do they use TrialPay? I could use that as an excuse to buy the game.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Glad for the Project update. Glad you're doing well. Will do my part to suppot indie guys like you.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Umm, don't have any concrete info to give out at this point so there's really no point speculating.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Could we at least get some minor bugfix/etc. updates to BSF1? :(
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Agreed.

BSF is fine except for a few tiny nitpicks.
Don’t worry it has airbags.