Making the Official Ships (Update on Page 4)

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

I did a Pirate Hestia that uses the 2 normal blasters, 2 Pulseguns at the wingtips, 2 particle guns, and one deflector, and I also did an Augmented Pirate Hestia that uses Tachyons instead of Blasters, Repeaters instead of Pulse Huns, and keeps the rest the same.

The ships on the main menu are all randomly generated; if you want one of those, I suggest using the Hull templates and making them yourself. Since it's random, I don't really want to waste my time making *every* combination.

After toying with the Hecate, I now agree that it does way better as a normal AI ship; the changes in this version reflect that. I've left the Athena as a Broadsider, I still get better results broadsiding the Athena than I do facing it forward.

Version 1.6: http://www.savefile.com/files/1405128

Changelog:
~Added Gluon Bolter Platform from Bunker (Enemy - Fully Armed)
~Added Pirate Hestia (Enemy - Fully Armed)
~Fixed TFHQ parenting (Player - Hull and Fully Armed)
~Changed Hecate and Admiral Cherenkov's Ships. They now have Normal AI, and 600 AI range to accomodate their shorter ranged weapons. The Athena and the base Hull are still Broadsiders with 800 AI range. (Player - Hull and Fully Armed)
~Expanded Augmented Pirate lists. There were only 3 types of hybrid pirate ships, out of a lot more that could be changed. I attempted to balance them. If you guys (or th15, since my ultimate goal is to have this placed with the game itself, if possible) want them gone since they're not ships that come with the game by default, that's fine, I'll do so. Ships added are: Augmented Pirate Destroyer, Augmented Pirate Scout, Augmented Pirate Interceptor, Augmented Pirate Hestia, Augmented Purate Battle Barge, Augmented Pirate Raider (R & L). (Enemy - Fully Armed)
~Added Particle Gun, Blaster, Flak Gun, and Pulse Gun platforms. These represent the most basic platforms available and simulate the Arcas' abilities, and the Fire Support Powerup. Again, if you/th15 want them gone, just say so; they aren't really default ships, but are in the game, and would be useful I feel, so I added them. (Player - Fully Armed)
Koross
Commander
Commander

Post by Koross »

Thank you for working on this. Your work is appreaciated. :)

Will download this when I get home.
Ethril
Commander
Commander

Post by Ethril »

I love you.
Did I mention that yet?
Kane
Commander
Commander

Post by Kane »

For some reason I am unable to download the file. I can't find were to download it
[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg43/Kane_Lives/BSFS1.jpg[/img]
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Has anyone else had this problem?
Koross
Commander
Commander

Post by Koross »

I downloaded it ok.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

no problems here.
Kane
Commander
Commander

Post by Kane »

... dang it! I found the problem! ok I'll get'em :D
[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg43/Kane_Lives/BSFS1.jpg[/img]
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

Me likes alot! :D
Using these, I can mod them and put them in my moddified ships file.
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

OH LORDY LORDY LORDY!
bl3d4, you necrod again? Haven't you been warned for doing this before? Seriously, its annoying, stop doing it. Before you post, look at the date when the last person posted, that way, you won't necro.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Actually, it's rather helpful that he necro'd. I just got my internet back, and will be releasing a new version shortly.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Actually, it's rather helpful that he necro'd. I just got my internet back, and will be releasing a new version shortly.
Yes, but you could have just necro'd it yourself... He's still in the wrong...
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Saved me time then, I guess? >.>

Version 1.7: http://www.savefile.com/files/1520165

~Added Descriptions to all Fully Armed ships. Mostly fluff; ship descriptions were hand copied where available, and where not available, lore was thought up on the spot. For ships like many of the pirate and Alien ships, where the descriptions are identical, I went through and gave unique descriptions to each ship to add some flair to them all. I hate copy/paste bland descriptions. Hulls are still blank: It's expected that you add your own weapons and thus descriptions to the blank hulls.

~Fixed parenting on the Hestia Alpha. Apparently the ablative armor chunks are parented separately to the wing strut. I always thought they were connected to each other. Fixed it on both the Hull and the Fully Armed.

~Adjusted a few doodads. You'll probably never notice, they're very teensy changes, a pixel here, a pixel there. The biggest change was to the Augmented Pirate Hestia, to which I added a full array of pretty sparklies.

~Glorious Hood's Gatling Particle Guns were too accurate compared to the original for my liking. I changed deviation from 3 degrees to 5 degrees. As a result, the shots will spread out a bit more. I lost the original file, so I can't see what the real deviation is: A player note would be helpful.

~Redid some of the Augmented Pirate ships, the Alien/Pirate hybrids. After looking at the canon ones, I felt mine too heavily emphasized the Alien aspects, and played too much like a Nanz ship instead of a funky Terran/Alien mix. I've changed some of the weapons up as a result, putting back their old counterparts to balance them between Terran and Nanz, and to introduce a bit more variety.

~Fixed Acceleration on the Proteus! It was at .05, the default. I upped it to .25, the Proteus' real acceleration. You should see a marked improvement in their handling now. Both the Hull and Fully Armed are fixed.

~Changed Alien Bombardment Ship (The Pulsar Gun one.) to Normal AI: Flanking AI kept getting the damn thing killed, when it should just be hanging back and firing away, mortar style. Changed it on both Hull and Fully Armed. Might change the Carrier too, but it seems to do alright on Flanking AI... Drones aren't hassled too much by AI settings.

~Added a splash of color to the Sinope. Tell me if you like it or not: It seemed weird to have it be like the only Terran ship (non patrol craft) to be all one color after the rest got pretty paintjobs from me.

~Added a bit of color to the Alien Transport ship as well. I didn't like it being all one color, it had enough sections to warrant some color diversity on it. Changed on both the Fully Armed and the Hull versions.

~Added the Augmented Pirate Hestia (Hull) to the Enemy (Hull) folder. I felt te design was sufficiently different from the standard Hestia so as to warrant its own slot in the Hull folders.

~Changed the HP of Gluon Platforms to 200. I erroneously believed they had standard Small Battlestation HP. They actually only have 200, not 800.
KiT
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by KiT »

TormakSaber wrote: ~Glorious Hood's Gatling Particle Guns were too accurate compared to the original for my liking. I changed deviation from 3 degrees to 5 degrees. As a result, the shots will spread out a bit more. I lost the original file, so I can't see what the real deviation is: A player note would be helpful.
Gatling particle guns?
did you mean gatling pulse guns, gatling blasters or some moded version of particle gun?

Particle guns have deviation of 40 according to th15's outdated excel file, but according to This thread it should be 30.
Same for Gatblaster - its deviation is 6 in the excel file and is 10 according to the thread.
Last edited by KiT on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

KiT wrote:th14's
I believe the correct name should be th15...?
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]