spare unused sprites in custom sprites folder

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

chaoshipman
Cadet

spare unused sprites in custom sprites folder

Post by chaoshipman »

I have a problem. ive gotten bored of the existing 24 pieces and went through all the sprite folders just to find some more unused ones. how do I make them usable? please help. :( thankyou
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Re: spare unused sprites in custom sprites folder

Post by Doogie12 »

There are several very simple ways to do this.
The easiest is to just open the folder and drag and drop the section into shipmaker. Another way would be to open tools/group arrange in the shipmaker and proceed to move sections into the leftmost group (as that is the one that is displayed) at will.

However, you don't have to just use the sprites that come with the game. Virtually any PNG file will work, but I'd specifically recommend those packaged in this thread.
Remember to keep the filing system in the exact same way it appears there, otherwise downloaded content will fail to work.
naysayers will be shot
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

I do the drag-n-drop method. I've seen some other methods involving importing a mishmash of parts all at once into Shipmaker, but that's a horrifying mess to contemplate.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I just open up the four sprite boxes, select and delete the defaults, then go through all the folders ctrl-selecting any that I like and dragging them into one of the four boxes. Then save as a .ini, rename it as default and you are in business.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

^This is what I always do.