how do i change peice style?

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

mxsoyuz
Ensign
Ensign

how do i change peice style?

Post by mxsoyuz »

im new and ive seen all your ships with pieces that are all smooth and toon-ish... not like the default when you first download. is there an option to change it or is it a download?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: how do i change peice style?

Post by jwa8402 »

:roll:
Go through the various threads in this part of the forum(custom content) and find the download links for custom sprite packs. If there isn't one, it either hasn't been released or is no longer available. If the download link doesn't work, check back and maybe someone can upload it for you. Once downloaded, use a free program like 7-zip to unzip the package, and place it in the custom sprites folder wherever you installed BSF. Do not take the individual sprites out of whatever folder their in, and do not rename them because then they won't work. IE: 'spr_jwa_misc1a.png' goes in 'JWA Modified', and nowhere else.

As for selecting them in shipmaker, you can drag them in manually, or change the default menu. To do this, you need a custom .ini file. Someone posted one with some sections, but I find it easier to make your own. To do this, go to tools, group arrange. This will bring up four windows with default sprites. Use shift and your mouse button to delete these, then drag your favorite sprites into one of the boxes. Press escape, then go to tools and save sprite.ini. Every time you load shipmaker you will have to go to tools and load your custom ini unless you replace the default .ini file with your own.

Hope that helps. If you get stuck on something, let us know, but try to look around first next time because there are amazing tutorials posted in plain site all over the forum.
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

The particular ones most of us use now are the Kae-shn set (in Kaelis' section factory), SS_prosectionax, the DST sprites and HM_Realistic.
mxsoyuz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mxsoyuz »

kay thanks though quite confusing... ill stick with default anyways ive looked at alot of tutorials but im not good at firguring that stuff out