DStech sprites REDONE.

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Maart3n
BANNED

DStech sprites REDONE.

Post by Maart3n »

As the title says.

One day I was wondering what was wrong with my ship, which was build using DStech sections both ori and swa, and I figured it out: The shading didn't match! So I started converting all the 143 sprites in the ori package.
I must say I really think kaelis did a good job, but I was missing stuff I wanted and I filled that gap.

Mind you I have DSMK2's permission to redo these sprites!

So without any further ranting: http://www.filefront.com/16012233/Dst-ori.rar/
A little preview:
ImageImageImage
So suit yourself, but remember that these are a bit darker then the other SWA sections.
All weapon-like sprites have a right and left version.
Kaelis

Re: DStech sprites REDONE.

Post by Kaelis »

Maart3n wrote:The shading didn't match!
Indeed, ive merely changed the colors/shades/contrast to fit with SW a bit better, but i didnt actually redo the shading. So this is appreciated.
Maart3n wrote:...but I was missing stuff I wanted and I filled that gap.
Variety is good! Im sure people will find use for both versions.
Maart3n wrote:A little preview:
Probably would be a good idea to do a proper preview. Most people won't bother downloading without seeing whats inside first.
Maart3n wrote:So suit yourself, but remember that these are a bit darker then the other SWA sections.
Another good idea would be to lighten them up, then... You can always make sections darker inside SM, but you can't make them brighter.

Oh, and also provide another version without the blue details, people complained about it back when i released my version.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

i have downloaded this and it is awesome I LIKE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
origsgtpepper
Ensign
Ensign

Post by origsgtpepper »

It is possible to flip weapons around by changing the dimensions from the normal X=1 and Y=1 to X=-1 and Y=-1.
Be warned though the bullet will still come out of what is percieved as the front of the gun.

An example is with a normal gun pointing forward and setting the axis to X=1 and Y=-1.
This will cause the bullet to exit through the side of the gun.
Last edited by origsgtpepper on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt Pepper
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

origsgtpepper wrote:It is possible to flip weapons around by changing the dimensions from the normal X=1 and Y=1 to X=-1 and Y=-1.
Be warned though the bullet will still come out of what is percieved as the front of the gun.

An example is with a normal gun pointing forward and setting the axis to X=1 and Y=-1.
This will cause the bullet to exxit through the side of the gun.
Actually, in the current version(s), the game interprets -1 for X/Y scale as 'default', and thus 1. So doing that doesn't change anything right now, I'm afraid.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
origsgtpepper
Ensign
Ensign

Post by origsgtpepper »

Nvm i see what was wrong with what I was saying but you still don't need a right and left hand weapon.
But you can still flip the gun over the x axis.
I am trying to get a screenshot but a can't find where they are saved.
Well I know what file they are supposed to be in but they aren't there.
Sgt Pepper
Maart3n
BANNED

Post by Maart3n »

Stop derailing my thread!
So you can flip weapons, how nice for you! I just did it for you, stop whining.
origsgtpepper
Ensign
Ensign

Post by origsgtpepper »

I wasn't trying to complain or anything.

I was just saying that there is a way to flip weapons in the editor.

I am sorry if I offended you.
Sgt Pepper
Rodgun
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rodgun »

They are quite nice, but I have to ask this. What folder do we save them in? After all, there is already a Dst-ori folder and saing there would overwrite everything.