shadowbane's first sections

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

shadowbane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by shadowbane »

New sections.
Thanks for all the feedback. (Though it does give me some pressure)
I'm running a bit low on ideas, and I'm not sure what sections to keep making. Do you guys want more detail, or less detail? Personally I like less detail, but people didn't really like that before. I prefer making sections like Kaelis', since they are my favorite. Please tell me what you think.

grumpy
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I would say more detail, the less detail put on them the flatter they look, and the less useful they are.

Also I would like to see some long thin pieces to go on the sides of ships, and down the middle, sorta like the 4th one on that list without the bottom two rectangle bits.
shadowbane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by shadowbane »

Here's a new download. I really am stuck with what sections to make. I'll probably be starting a new pack of less detailed sections cause that's what my heart is telling me to do. I'm thinking of the kind of sections LactoseTolerant uses a lot. This is for now, the finished generic pack. It has 26 sections, which I think is a decent number. And... does anyone want more mecha sections? I personally love making them.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/shadgen3.rar
grumpy
shadowbane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by shadowbane »

Here's a sneak peek of the new pack I'm making. It's a generic pack with a different type of detail. (I'm actually trying to shade it now). Tell me what you think and what kind of sections you want.

grumpy
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

They are tending towards plain and simple again, the overall shape is good, but up the detail.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

low detail is great there arnt may low detail good sections around, i might start making some more tanks with these.
shadowbane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by shadowbane »

Well, I can't satisfy everybody. Since I've already made a detailed generic pack, this will be a less detailed pack for those who like less detailed sections. And silverware, I'll get back to making detailed sections when I'm done with these.

grumpy
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Keep up the good work! I've been using quite a few of these :D

And some of them are not on center :x .
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.