The Den

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

The Den

Post by InkFox »

Alright, I know I don't, and won't, have a lot of stuff to upload in the way of sections/weapons/doodads; but I'll post what I do make so people can enjoy them.

only one to start, which I know isn't much but It'll do for now. more will come as I make more.

Thanks to Danny for the original Eintek 400mm cannon and for the sw vulcan that I used to build the center loading mechanism.
It's a modified Eintek cannon with an upgraded reloading mechanism, allowing the firing chamber to cool off quicker and pick up shells faster. This lets the cannon fire short busts of shells in rapid succession, devastating larger targets with high damage shells.

Didn't like any previous version of the autocannons after SWing, so I did my own.

Replacing the previous half-a**ery, the Pulverizer Heavy Cannon designed specifically for the OSS (Order Space Ship) Amaretto, soon to be flagship of the CSDF (Council Station Defense Fleet).
(a little tidbit of the story around which my next weapons, sections and ships will be built around)
Last edited by InkFox on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.
And so I curiously venture into the world of shipbuilding, unsure of what I might find...
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Nice, but I'd use the original barrel with its recoil and BIGASS muzzle blast. Mine's already small as they go coming from a sixteen-inch gun.

InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

I seem to have forgotten that :S (sorry, went form the png not the gif, so all the animation is done personally); I'll pent up the blast a bit for your sake as well, kinda wouldn't exist without your original work.

EDIT: updated, is that more satisfactory?
And so I curiously venture into the world of shipbuilding, unsure of what I might find...
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Not quite enough
"Image"

I like the small details inside, with the ammo clips loading in the barrel, though. MUCH bigger muzzle flash needed :P .
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Well, this is in space and not in atmospheric conditions...
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

Good point, my main excuse is that I added more than a plateful to the release valve explosion, adding the two together does make a decently size splosion. either way I'm going to table this for now, and work on coming up for ideas for new weapons, and suggestions welcome I'm itching to try something new.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Yes, space conditions...If we model the type of explosion recoil a ww2 battleship main gun would generate, the spaceship would just go spinning off in the opposite direction unless they corrected with maneuvering thrusters every time they fired, no? Hence the use of magnetic accelerates and the like. I would think designers wouldn't be so wasteful with the propellant in space that it would make such a flare. Very nice animation though, I love the loading mechanism.

*edit* That doesn't mean the explosions aren't badass. Go Navy!
some great firing shots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC9_VKdzv9w
*further edit* Deflagration is a nifty word
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

Nice modification. Now it really looks bad***. I would like to see your OWN creations, though--I'm sure you could make your own artillery.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

Update, Autocannons now SWed in a way that I'm actually fond of; going to do a slim down of the single barreled too though, because it comes in handy for a ship's broadside cannons.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

NICE autocannons! Try making your muzzle blasts a bit brighter and yellower, though. I'll be using these, most definitely. :D
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

Update; big gunz for a big project I"m working on; gonna do the whole ship from scratch, the ship shall come close to resembling this one: http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx72 ... full01.jpg

(I link it because it's a biiiiig ship)
Last edited by InkFox on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

The double-barreled artillery is nice, but the animation is a tad slow in my opinion.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

If you ask me it looks kinda iffy, but those turrets on that ship on the other hand...

Could definitely have some merit if you did some cunning stuff with multi-section turrets, with the barrels as the guns.
Bentusi
BANNED
Location: Recon mission in Galaxy NGC-276 "Canmus", sector 4.

Post by Bentusi »

I think if you go up the speed of the animation and adds more fire will look much better :wink:
I was banned for bandodging.
InkFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InkFox »

Update
sorry, those cannons were just me being tired; for your forgiveness I barter half decent cannonry and a spoiler :)