Discussion About Shipwright Arms styled sections (split)

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Should we at least as the Th15?
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Hello? I'm a Moderator. And Arca is an admin, and is far more involved in handling stuff on the forum than th15 is, 'cause th15 rarely has time for it. Ultimately it's Arca's choice, really, although I suppose th15 might have something to say on the subject. It seems unlikely, however.

Anyway, off-topic shit split into a separate thread by Kaelis' request.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

I think that the new style allows for a lot more variation in colors and textures simply because of its differences. On the other hand, the current style is much cleaner and simpler. It really depends on preference.
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

It's a ... custom ship ... made with custom sections. Just the same as all other custom ships made with custom sections. The type of custom section in question is irrelevant. Therefor, no it does not need it's own forum section. That's redundant and retarded.

Furthermore, these sections aren't that much different then fraxy sprites, and people have been playing with those for awhile. Why are you suddenly so butthurt over it?
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

I agree with lizzie there, it's just the original style of sections, but now with textures, there is nothing changed except better depth and a better view on how the ship looks like.

Maybe this might also help people understand some more that sections are supposed to make a ship with texture, not randomly put up a shape.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Lizzie wrote:It's a ... custom ship ... made with custom sections. Just the same as all other custom ships made with custom sections. The type of custom section in question is irrelevant. Therefor, no it does not need it's own forum section. That's redundant and retarded.

Furthermore, these sections aren't that much different then fraxy sprites, and people have been playing with those for awhile. Why are you suddenly so butthurt over it?
I agree that there's no real reason for a seperate forum. But to be honest I think SW's sections are better then the original and should outright replace the old sections. BSF's ships look woefully outdated and boring in comparison to other, similar games.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

There, i abused my power and cleaned this up. Enough of pointless arguments.